Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to get those nice 17" wheels for my 2004 CTS.

I keep seeing these on ebay, from different people:

4- 05 STS WHEELS POLISHED W/CTR CAPS 5X115 FIT
+42 OFFSET
2 WHEELS ARE 17X7
2 WHEELS ARE 17X8

Are these not the ones that also work on our CTS's?

Thanks!

Mike
 

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
Michael 514 said:
Hi guys,

I want to get those nice 17" wheels for my 2004 CTS.

I keep seeing these on ebay, from different people:

4- 05 STS WHEELS POLISHED W/CTR CAPS 5X115 FIT
+42 OFFSET
2 WHEELS ARE 17X7
2 WHEELS ARE 17X8

Are these not the ones that also work on our CTS's?

Thanks!

Mike
At 42mm offset these rims were taken off of a CTS so they will be a perfect fit.
 

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent!
I figured as much.
Thanks for the info!
Next question is involving winter tires...
But I'll start a new thread!
Thanx!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
while we're on wheels, help me out here...

what are the stock cts-v wheels? 18x8 or 18x8.5?

i only ask this because i was wondering if getting 18x8.5 wheels on my stock 03 cts will cause any problems with rubbing...
 

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
Triple, the V uses 8.5" wide rims, but that shouldn't matter. Its the tire size that could cause rubbing. 245's will fit fine on an 8" rim, with ~40mm offset. Some have even shoehorned 275's in the rear for a staggered look, although those would likely require at least a 9" wide rim to fit properly (an potentially a +35mm offset).

Michael, congrats on the wheels, those will fit fine and look sweet!
 

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay guys, now my next question.....!

What size tires do you recommend on these?
2 WHEELS ARE 17X7
2 WHEELS ARE 17X8

I think I'll just buy them, put them on, and not wait until the summer.....

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
JimmyH
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
TripleOught said:
while we're on wheels, help me out here...

what are the stock cts-v wheels? 18x8 or 18x8.5?

i only ask this because i was wondering if getting 18x8.5 wheels on my stock 03 cts will cause any problems with rubbing...
V wheels are a six lug, we only got a 5 lug. no they wont fit.
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
V wheels are a six lug, we only got a 5 lug. no they wont fit.
He was asking in terms of the tire/wheels overall size. So, yes, a 5 lug wheel/tire set with the same specs as the V's WILL fit.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top