Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it just me or does the charge door seem to be sticking out? View attachment 624554
If so, even more indication it’s a preproduction ‘23
Attended the NAIAS today and spoke with a Lyriq rep who confirmed new door handles for 2024. He stated the handles will push activate with a single hinge. My Wife did not care for the door fin solution so this is welcome news to us.

I am speaking with my salesman tomorrow regarding moving our reservation to a 2024.

·
Registered
2017 XT5,2013 CTS,2010 DTS,2007 SRX,1989 Allante,1984 Dev
193 Posts
Cadillac should replace the door handles before delivery starts in 2023. Let's get this right from the start.

pr

It appears that Cadillac has a chip/part shortage needed to operate the door handles. The current design is not Cadillac quality IMHO. Maybe Cadillac should provide retrofits at no cost at a later date.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Let's see what happens when women start breaking off finger nails opening the doors. Another reason for Cadillac to replace the door handles by January 2023.

·
Premium Member
CTS, SRX, March 18 RWD White LYRIQ on Order
851 Posts
Let's see what happens when women start breaking off finger nails opening the doors. Another reason for Cadillac to replace the door handles by January 2023.
I guess I don’t understand how they work. How would women break finger nails ? Isn’t it just a switch you push ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I guess I don’t understand how they work. How would women break finger nails ? Isn’t it just a switch you push ?
I’m assuming the meat of their finger could miss the wing but maybe their nail still catches the wing. Either way, nothing is stopping someone from grabbing the side of the door instead to pull the door open.
Also women have broken their nails on regular door handles so I think this is just an over reaction

·
Registered
193 Posts
My thoughts are geared to a very poor door handle design. Grabbing the side of the door is a neanderthal process. Q.E.D.

Again, I suspect Cadillac is short of parts. Hopefully, there is time to fix the issue by January 2023.

·
Registered
2016 ELR
1,056 Posts
My thoughts are geared to a very poor door handle design. Grabbing the side of the door is a neanderthal process. Q.E.D.

Again, I suspect Cadillac is short of parts. Hopefully, there is time to fix the issue by January 2023.
What part related to this do you think they were unable to get? There is no evidence of any parts shortage that would impact the direction they went with the door operation. They just wanted something different. And curious - what exactly is your proposal for a solution?

·
Registered
193 Posts
My solution is fully operative door handles. Parts shortages have plagued the auto industry and it doesn't have to be just chips.

There are pictures on this thread showing operative door handles. No reason to wait until 2024 unless they don't have the parts.

·
Premium Member
CTS, SRX, March 18 RWD White LYRIQ on Order
851 Posts

What part related to this do you think they were unable to get? There is no evidence of any parts shortage that would impact the direction they went with the door operation. They just wanted something different. And curious - what exactly is your proposal for a solution?
Good question high-tech guy. Everyone is looking at the 2024 as the solution. What if they don’t work as well, are not as well accepted. The idea of fully developed door handles is pretty generic, the devil is always in the details.

I personally think the door will become second nature once you develop muscle memory. And after asking my wife she too can’t see how they would threaten her nails 😋

·
Registered
2016 ELR
1,056 Posts
Good question high-tech guy. Everyone is looking at the 2024 as the solution. What if they don’t work as well, are not as well accepted. The idea of fully developed door handles is pretty generic, the devil is always in the details.

I personally think the door will become second nature once you develop muscle memory. And after asking my wife she too can’t see how they would threaten her nails 😋
Agree. Current approach certainly not ideal, but probably will get used to it and will be second nature. And yeah, no guarantee that a 3rd design attempt will be better. For me I don't care about the operational challenge - just hate the ugly afterthought strapped-on bat-wings. But I suspect some day I will get used to them also. Not really a problem though at the moment, since no idea when I might actually get this car that I've ordered.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts