Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You can also order them pretty cheap through a Dealer and install them on a car without Recaros. :shhh:

If there's enough interested parties here, I'm sure I could put together a Group Buy at close to wholesale. Something like $85 for Auto cars and $100 for manuals.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
You can also order them pretty cheap through a Dealer and install them on a car without Recaros. :shhh:

If there's enough interested parties here, I'm sure I could put together a Group Buy at close to wholesale. Something like $85 for Auto cars and $100 for manuals.
I would be interested (auto).
Mark

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
+1 I'd be interested (auto). I'm sure they are not difficult to install.

·
Registered
'14 Wagon
301 Posts
Just a thought, the dead pedal in my Audi TT is a very close match...

Jeff-

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I would be interested (auto).
Mark
+1 I'd be interested (auto). I'm sure they are not difficult to install.
Okay, cool. I'll talk to the Parts Manager and get it set up. He's going to check availability to see how many sets are available, so anyone else who's interested put your name here in this thread.

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went to the parts Dept and this guy told me that the gas pedal is the whole unit with sensor.
I have the feeling he was wrong, but now I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
He was correct. The brake and clutch are covers, but the throttle pedal is the entire assembly with sensor.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

hmm...

My V2 that I drove at Monticello did not have Recaro'''''s but did have those pedals. Truly pre-productions, I guess...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'm going to check with my ADI (parts distributor) in the morning to see if anything needs to be reprogrammed. I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

I called them last week to see how many they had in stock at their local warehouse, and the answer was one set each (auto and manual) :doh:. I count 5 interested people so far, so I'll also find out what the wait time will be to order 5 total. Check back here tomorrow for answers on both.

·
Registered
CTS-V
37 Posts
I have them in my 6sp Manual. The pedals are very slippery with wet shoes. Yes, I know it's an abomination to drive without proper soft-soled racing footwear, but this is my every-day car, and wet shoes are unavoidable.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
The pedals are very slippery with wet shoes. Yes, I know it's an abomination to drive without proper soft-soled racing footwear, but this is my every-day car, and wet shoes are unavoidable.
That's my dilemma as well. My vette has similar pedals and driving the car in dress shoes, on a rain day, makes clutch operation a crap shoot. I've been considering replacing the ones from my vette with something more rubbery (if possible), or rubber coating them it not. :nono:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts