Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed an order with a small local dealership for a 2015i Platinum Escalade and was informed today that it would take 6-8 months to get it, so I called Sewell in Houston and they said that they could get it in 8 weeks, but they can't place orders today because they had already placed an order yesterday. Is that true that they can only place an order once a week? Is there another place that would be better?

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I placed an order with a small local dealership for a 2015i Platinum Escalade and was informed today that it would take 6-8 months to get it, so I called Sewell in Houston and they said that they could get it in 8 weeks, but they can't place orders today because they had already placed an order yesterday. Is that true that they can only place an order once a week? Is there another place that would be better?

Should I contact another dealership or is Sewell telling the truth?

·
Registered
None
407 Posts
I too ordered from Sewell in Houston. I placed my deposit on 1/27 (Tuesday) and they told me the same thing too. They already placed their order last week and that I had to wait for next week when GM allows them to place more orders. Also, the sales director is the one that places the order and he's out for the week of 2/9...I know this since I'm trying to get my order number, and he's the only one that knows this. I was told ETA of 10-12 weeks.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
If you want one now, just saw a platinum at al Serra cadillac in grand Blanc when I picked up my platinum last week. Look for Scott or Steve!

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too ordered from Sewell in Houston. I placed my deposit on 1/27 (Tuesday) and they told me the same thing too. They already placed their order last week and that I had to wait for next week when GM allows them to place more orders. Also, the sales director is the one that places the order and he's out for the week of 2/9...I know this since I'm trying to get my order number, and he's the only one that knows this. I was told ETA of 10-12 weeks.

Same thing except I was quoted 8 weeks. Do you think that they are the best in the area or not?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
FirstEsv said:
The reason why I had to order is because I needed the bench seats for the 2nd row...and no one has that!
Do they have power bench seats? Or are they just part of the captains chair.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints. (A Constraint is a limit placed on an specific build configurations.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.

·
Registered
None
407 Posts
KGCadillac, it would be kinda funny if both of our trucks get in at the same time at Sewell. BTW...did you get an order number from them? Maybe we can test drive our trucks together...team up on them! That would be pretty funny.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KGCadillac, it would be kinda funny if both of our trucks get in at the same time at Sewell. BTW...did you get an order number from them? Maybe we can test drive our trucks together...team up on them! That would be pretty funny.
That would be! Still waiting for the order number.

·
Registered
2017 Escalade, 2020 CT5
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When did you order and how long were you quoted?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts