Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My question is will aftermarket LED tail lights for a 02 - 06 Chevy Avalanche fit a 2003 Escalade EXT? I've searched the forum for several hours and have gone through over 30 pages of posts on this topic, but I have not been able to find a definitive answer.

Some have said the Avalanche Tail Lights will fit the EXT some have said they will not. Has anyone tried to install aftermarket LED tail lights for an Avalanche on the EXT?

Here are the ones I want to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-CHEVY-AVALANCHE-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-LAMPS-RED-CLEAR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5bd392feQQitemZ190519153406QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_7509wt_1147

Attachments

·
Registered
2015.5 black premium, sold my black 2003 ESV
141 Posts
edit, i should have looked at more pics before i posted... i searched ebay and found incorrect info as posted below...

they will probably bolt on, but will not fit properly....the body line at the bottom of the lights is different, the avalanche tapers down, while the ext flares out.... look at the lights in this auction and you will see what i mean http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-Cadillac-Escalade-LED-Altezza-Tail-Lights-IPCW-/190468655132?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Submodel%3AEXT&hash=item2c58d1081c

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
they will probably bolt on, but awill not fit properly....the body line at the bottom of the lights is different, the avalanche tapers down, while the ext flares out.... look at the lights in this auction and you will see what i mean http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-Cadillac-Escalade-LED-Altezza-Tail-Lights-IPCW-/190468655132?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Submodel%3AEXT&hash=item2c58d1081c
Incorrect. ESV and regular body Escalades use a completely different tail light (what you linked) than the EXT and Avalanche. I was studying photos of the EXT and Av. and they are damn near identical. Even in the new body style the EXT doesn't get LED tail lights and I think it's just to keep costs down between the Avalanche and EXT since they sell far less of those overall than regular Tahoes, Yukons and regular body Escalades where they can take further liberties.

Ignore the butt ass ugly modifications on number 2...

·
Registered
02' EXT
241 Posts
Biggz please let us all know how it works out for you. I've been looking for tails for ever. Bought some denali style lights to later find out they were for a regular body Lade. GL

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I will buy the LED lights for the Avalanche and post pics of how they look. Now time to talk the GF to get it for em.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Bad news... I bought a set of the Avalance LED tail lights... They look almost identical, in shape, design and color, I thought I was in LED tail light heaven. HOWEVER!!! When I tried to intall them, I discovered that they were too long. They extended beyond the EXT bodyline that isn't there on the Avalanche... Sorry!

·
Registered
03 EXT Sold / 11 CTS V Coupe sold / 15 CTS Vsport sold / 16 CT6 TT
203 Posts
Bad news... I bought a set of the Avalance LED tail lights... They look almost identical, in shape, design and color, I thought I was in LED tail light heaven. HOWEVER!!! When I tried to intall them, I discovered that they were too long. They extended beyond the EXT bodyline that isn't there on the Avalanche... Sorry!
I just did the same thing (Before reading this post) and The AV lights did not fit my EXT. Damn Close but no cigar.

The Ebay guy says he will give me a refund.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks for the info guys. You just saved me a lot of headache. So I guess there still isn't an LED Tailight that will fit the EXT?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
7 Posts
I had the same issue where ANZO USA said they were the same as Avalanche and it is not true. I am still looking for LED tail lights for my EXT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts