Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Luxury - Graphite, Tucson, AZ
129 Posts
I think CR readers are a lot like this place. They speak up about problems in greater numbers than statistically would be expected. Reading this forum is kind of discouraging as far as reliability goes, but it likely leaves a skewed impression of reliability because many (most?) people come here to get help. Also, the CUE issues are a big contributor.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
940 Posts
Took my CTS Wagon for a long ride yesterday. Last many months just driving around in town.

What a damn fine car for high speed cruising (and cornering too).

The 3.6 is a bit too weak on the low end torque compared to turbos, but using paddle shift you just feel how the torque is constant throughout the range. Driveability is second to none.

I love it. Damn I should buy one and store it just to be able to look at it in 30 years.

With 7.000 produced it should be money worth too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ATS
11 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Cadillac XTS Premium AWD and I just read this article:

I didn't think they rated that bad.

Thoughts ?
I've enjoyed an ATS & an ATS-V but I wouldn't want to own a Cadillac out-of-warranty with the consistently bad reliability ratings from Consumer Reports for many years. It's disappointing and hard to be a proud Cadillac owner when they can't even get off the bottom of these ratings for decades.

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 70 Cougar conv, 2020 XT4
816 Posts
Consumer Reports have been reporting owner dissatisfaction with the Cadillac CUE infotainment system for years & this skews results. Remember, CR counts all owner complaints as equal - so a burned out light bulb (or CUE complaint) counts as one fault the same as a total transmission failure. Even if something is fixed under warranty at no cost to the owner, it counts the same.
Statisticians have complained for years about how the CR quality reporting system works. CR refuses to share the raw data and it is not statistically valid as the subscriber-owners decide whether or not to self-report (so not random).
I just traded in my one owner 2002 DTS with 160k miles. It had no big failures except the P0741 TCC slipping and had no dealer work at all after the warranty expired. If not for the liquid road salt being used here now that ate into the undersides, it could have kept going for more years. YMMV of course.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,117 Posts
No.

That's Consumer Reports. You can automatically disregard anything they say about cars. They're about as qualified to evaluate cars these days as your average accountant.

Check out JD Power, the industry standard evaluator, if you want anything that actually tells you something. Cadillac ranked 3rd in it's class (Premium) behind MB (which really makes me wonder) and Porsche. BMW, Audi, and Jaguar followed, in that order.

Better yet, just drive your car and enjoy it, and stop worrying about "rankings".

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts
Truth ^ ^ ^

Sometimes there's a tidbit in the Edmunds new/used car info sheets.

MB and Jaguar have some real horror stories as far as "reliability" goes. And for repair cost.

As a part-time parts counterman at our local Western (Tire &) Auto I see every make and model on earth come in for service and repair - NO motor vehicle is 100% "reliable".

Drive the car - as Flash alluded - if you obsess over what might go wrong every time you turn the key you're better off on public transportation or Uber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts