Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood ornament on my 92 deville looks bad, and the trunk lock cover is off completely. I found them on ebay, but are they hard to put on? I know the trunk cover swivels on something, so is that en extra peice or something? I also have no clue if the hood ornament will need extra pieces. I dont wanna get these and then not be able to put them on!

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
If the 92 deville hood ornament is the same style as the 93 FWD sixty, then the hood ornament replacement is a total breeze. If I remember correctly, it is just one wide nut that needs to be secured underneath the hood and the ornament is on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at the trunk lock cover; the swivel piece is the part thats missing, but the backing is on the trunk still. Do I need to get the whole assembly (I think thats how they come), or does that require a new lock too? Also, what is that held on by; I ddint see any screws?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way, are the trunk lock cover assemblies glued on, or are they pop in or something?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
You need to get the whole thing. If you don't see any rivets from the front look in the holes on the inside of the trunk lid and see if you can see any screws or nuts for it holding it on. I don't think you can see the rivets when you open the flip on the 1992s but it's been a while since I've seen one. You shouldn't have to do anything with the lock.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I switch mine from time to time (gold to silver) and just be careful when you take off the hex type nut, that the rubber washer doesn't fall. I lost mine because it is rubber and you cannot hear it hit the ground, so after I bought another one, I then discovered it under the car! :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts