Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask is that we haven't gotten one from our latest visit about a month ago, which was less than satisfactory.

I called a few days before going over, and got an appointment to get the oil changed, the seatbelt pretensioner recall done, fix a problem with the clock (it wouldn't change time zones automatically, even though it was set to do so), and to fix the TPMS so it would indicate the correct location (the last time in, they had rotated the tires, swapping front to back on the same side, and didn't fix the TPMS ... the OnStar report showed the pressures needed attention, when they didn't). I also told them I'd like a loaner car, as was promised when I bought the car. His response was, "Sure, we should have some around", but without a definite reservation given.

Appointment was at 9 a.m, and got there about 5 before 9. Nobody was in the Service Advisor's office, so I waited. Finally, at 9:15 he came in after we'd had him paged. Apparently they did not log the appointment. So I asked for the loaner. They didn't have one ... all were out. I told him I'd asked, but he said there was nothing they could do. So after the wait, and not getting the loaner, I was getting a little perplexed. They finally hunted down a Nissan Versa (they're a joint Cadillac/Nissan dealer), not exactly an ATS equivalent. So I took their car and left.

They called an hour later and said the car was ready, but they didn't have the pretensioner part in and would have to order it. That was not mentioned when I made the appointment, nor when I checked the car in. They also told me the clock problem was user error, that it was not set to change time zones automatically (it was set correctly in the CUE, but just doesn't work properly). And he said they'd relearned the TPMS so they would be correct. I had asked them to use Mobil One instead of the blend that supposedly conforms to Dexos standards, and said I'd pay the extra for full synthetic. Since the entire visit had been an atrocity, they didn't make me pay the uncharge, but I have no assurance that they actually used Mobil One either.

Anyway ... got the OnStar report today and the TPMS is still not right. Don't know about the clock yet since we haven't crossed a time zone, but that'll happen in a couple of weeks. They ordered the pretensioner and we had to make another 26 mile trip to have it installed.

They never sent an Owner Satisfaction Survey and I was wondering if it is required by GM. Of course, it would be filled out and returned as less than stellar, and I'm sure they know that so elected not to send one.

I suppose we'll be using a different dealer for service from now on, even though it's still well within the 4 year/48000 mile free maintenance period. This dealer just doesn't seem to know what to do, nor do they seem to care.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my OnStar email with maintenance stats yesterday, and it appears that they didn't correct the TPMS as they said they did. The rears are still on the front, and vice versa, and the pressures show up as erroneous. They didn't even rotate the tires as they said they did. How do we know? Along with the tire pressure information, the driver's side front had a tiny bit of curb rash, not even visible, and it's still in the same position.

I checked the oil, wondering if they even changed it and it appears to be fresh. I have no assurance that they used Mobile One though ... perhaps I should pull a sample and send it to Blackstone and find out.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 AWD
77 Posts
I'm not sure if it is required after every appointment, I got one most of the time but not all, so maybe it's not required but you think it would be.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
My local Cadillac is terrible and there is always drama even when I take my car for the simplest possible thing, oil change! And whenever there is a problem between us, which is normaly the case, I do not get the survey! Just food for though!

·
Registered
2016 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD
234 Posts
I'm always asked if I'm 'totally satisfied', or something like that, before they pass me on to Cadillac for a survey. It seems the dealer has the ability to pre-screen customers and decide who gets surveyed. I wonder if this skews the stats in their favor? :)

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
GM sends the surveys randomly...not the dealer...so there is no guaranty one will be sent...when you are a new customer service or sales the dealer can manage to avoid you getting surveys if theres an issue by putting your address or email incorrectly into the system, so it gets sent into the abyss however it's my understanding that once gm has the info it's theirs so if you got one you'll likely continue to, good or bad...

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
I was told by a local dealer (not our selling dealer) that these surveys are part of what determines a "bonus" that the service advisor is supposed to be able to earn. Not totally satisfied on all elements of the survey=no bonus. Needless to say, we were not at all satisfied with that dealer, contacted Cadillac head office by email and have never gotten a survey with regards to that dealership since then.

Our selling dealer is 122km (1.5 hours) away from us but we try to arrange for service there because it is second to none. Yet every time I go in, I never get a survey!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told by a local dealer (not our selling dealer) that these surveys are part of what determines a "bonus" that the service advisor is supposed to be able to earn. Not totally satisfied on all elements of the survey=no bonus. Needless to say, we were not at all satisfied with that dealer, contacted Cadillac head office by email and have never gotten a survey with regards to that dealership since then.

Our selling dealer is 122km (1.5 hours) away from us but we try to arrange for service there because it is second to none. Yet every time I go in, I never get a survey!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What you're saying seems to be what I suspect: The surveys are bogus. Seems that if you ever send in a bad one, they don't ask you again. That's not surprising, but destroys any credibility that we may have given to performance surveys.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I always get a form e-mail from the service manager asking that I call if I would rate anything less than excellent. There is no rating form but does advise that I might be receiving one from GM.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium
3 Posts
There are a lot of reasons you could not get a service survey. Is your email on file with them and correct? Most of the car companies are doing email only for service to save money. It could have also not have been sent because of the planned recall work, either as a rejection filter or because it hasn't been completed yet. The dealership could have changed your information in their system though before it gets sent to the survey company, but that would be visible to corporate. After it is at the survey company they can usually change the email only if the initial contact failed. I recently had a good experience with service and recall work and never received a survey, but I never gave them my email.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are a lot of reasons you could not get a service survey. Is your email on file with them and correct? Most of the car companies are doing email only for service to save money. It could have also not have been sent because of the planned recall work, either as a rejection filter or because it hasn't been completed yet. The dealership could have changed your information in their system though before it gets sent to the survey company, but that would be visible to corporate. After it is at the survey company they can usually change the email only if the initial contact failed. I recently had a good experience with service and recall work and never received a survey, but I never gave them my email.
They have my email address, and my mailing address. I've gotten surveys from them in the past, just not this time.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
I literally just finished completing a survey for a service visit last month, and my comment in the "anything else to share" field was, "You shouldn't wait so long to send the survey." My visit was three+ weeks ago. And it was excellent (It sounds like you've got a bad dealer and that sucks. If you don't hear from them directly, then I would call Cadillac corporate or contact them on here). But if I had had any complaints, I'm sure I would have simmered down by now and forgotten what really upset me about it. I did get emails and phone calls from the dealer well ahead of the GM survey asking if I was satisfied and trying to make sure my survey would be positive. Which I expect. It's a little kitschy, but it's also a sign that they want to make it right if there were any problems, regardless of their motivation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts