Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing to put the factory 20" wheels on our SRX once I buy tires and I was thinking it would look killer if it was lowered a bit. I see the Eibach springs are discontinued, unfortunately, but was/is that the only option? Or are all of the options now discontinued?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do the FE3 springs sit any lower than the FE1 springs? I'm reading that they're stiffer but I saw nothing about ride height. I wouldn't mind the ride being a little more firm and the springs are cheap enough, so I was thinking about maybe putting the FE3 springs on the FE1 shocks.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I doubt they are lower. I'd bet all are discontinued.
Maybe you can get lucky and use other springs. For example the STS is able to use the CTS-V 2nd gen springs. Maybe you can too from the Vagon?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I guess I missed where the CTS-V springs worked on the STS! I thought the D3 springs were the only option.

I guess I'll pull part numbers for the factory SRX springs and see if they cross over to anything else.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front springs for the SRX (I only checked the FE3 part number) are the same as an STS with FE3 but the rears only fit an SRX. I was excited for a second until I checked the rear part number!

The FE3 springs are pretty cheap so if/when I replace the shocks, I may go ahead and put the FE3 springs on. I saw some posts about people putting the FE1 shocks on an SRX that came with FE3 to save some money and everyone seemed happy so maybe the stiffer FE3 springs will be enough to tighten up the suspension a bit.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
The CTS-V2 doesn't use the same part numbers as the STS but they are physically compatible and have roughly the same compression ratio.
So you should be able to use front lowering springs from the CTS-V2 as you say the STS uses the same spring as the SRX does.
For the rear I'm not surprised that the SRX and STS use different ones as there is more weight in the back of the SRX which is why I'd think the CTS-V2 Wagon might have the needed rear springs (but I'm not sure if they are anywhere near the same length as each other).

·
Registered
2004 CTSv
57 Posts
Has anyone investigated this further? I'd like to lower my SRX but I don't want to cut or compress the springs.

·
Registered
06 v6 SRX
491 Posts
Why not cut the springs ? they do it all the time on the TV car repair shows . Just need to know how much to cut off .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts