Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Wagon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question but I am pretty confused suddenly. I won't go into too much detail but I drove my 2012 CTS-V Wagon to a local (to our house in FL, I keep that car down there) dealer to ask about more detail on ordering a new '16 V. After 20 minutes of trying to get helped I was told they don't really sell them there and to try Palm Beach due to the buyer demographics being different. I am 38, but sort of figured my V might at least help me get answers. I am in yacht sales and darn good at qualifying people, figured I was a pretty good walk-in lead. Regardless, I wondered if the issue was different that I thought, maybe they actually are not a V dealer? If so all is good, if not I may at least let the manager know when I am back down there next week. Not looking to start any trouble, just wondered if I need to find a true V dealer or just buy a RS7? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
All Cadillac dealers are V dealers and able to sell V cars. However, this does not mean all Cadillac dealers deserve to sell and service V cars. I don't care if you buy and Audi or whatever, but do not buy a V from that dealer. If you can't excellent service while shopping for the car, only god knows what kind of terrible treatment you will get once the sale is done and they know you are done spending money with them. Run away.

----------

Btw, CTS-V (V3) info is still scarce right now, and ordering one won't be possible for another month or more. That said, you should have gotten a lot more information and a better feeling of knowing what was going on from your dealer.

·
Registered
11 CTS-V
46 Posts
I have bought 2 of my V's at the Palm Beach Cadillac dealer and I am very happy with them. They always have 3 or 4 on the lot, and will get what you want if they don't have it

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
If they don't sell any, they won't get an allocation for one, so they were pretty much trying to tell you that if you want one, you will have to go a dealer that will actually get an allocation for a V. It's the way GM works.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
If they don't sell any, they won't get an allocation for one, so they were pretty much trying to tell you that if you want one, you will have to go a dealer that will actually get an allocation for a V. It's the way GM works.
This. Better that they were honest instead of taking a deposit and making you wait a very long time while other dealers start selling them...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,159 Posts
Bail out on that dealer for sure.

I do know that Ford used to charge for the right to sell some of their hot cars. My good friend owned a dealership and he told me how he got his GT40 and other Mustang variants by paying a fee. GM doesn't seem

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT
54 Posts
Simple question but I am pretty confused suddenly. I won't go into too much detail but I drove my 2012 CTS-V Wagon to a local (to our house in FL, I keep that car down there) dealer to ask about more detail on ordering a new '16 V. After 20 minutes of trying to get helped I was told they don't really sell them there and to try Palm Beach due to the buyer demographics being different. I am 38, but sort of figured my V might at least help me get answers. I am in yacht sales and darn good at qualifying people, figured I was a pretty good walk-in lead. Regardless, I wondered if the issue was different that I thought, maybe they actually are not a V dealer? If so all is good, if not I may at least let the manager know when I am back down there next week. Not looking to start any trouble, just wondered if I need to find a true V dealer or just buy a RS7? Thanks in advance.
Just curious as to what dealer this was? My impression is as above, that dealers get options to sell V's based on sales volume, but due to demographics they may or may not. I called a dealer close to where I work who is high volume but sells to a lot of old people (what?? cadillacs sell to old people???) and although they don't sell a lot of V's they ordered one for me.

However, if they don't order a lot (or none) its probably better to go to a dealer familiar with how to get it done. Doesn't sound like they were too interested, but a lot of the floor people don't know how it works since it is a low volume order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts