Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of 22's along with a Classic Vertical Grille from the dealership for my 2005 White Cadillac Escalade and I was wondering if 22's are large enough. The dealership said that they won't do 24's because if you turn the wheel all the way to the left or the right, it rubs on the fender or in the wheel well. I am just hoping that the 22's look large enough.

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Dubs X-wang 22 on my SUV and to be honest I'm looking into buying the 24's. After a while the rim looks small on the truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I work at a dealer in Dallas and I have a friend that swears 24s are best. I thought he was crazy until I borrowed an EXT with 22s for the weekend. As strange as it sounds, now I agree with him. But there may be some issues with rubbing the tires.

·
Registered
2003 DENALI bagged on 26's.. 2008 GS350 murdered
190 Posts
IMHO 22's are toooooo small for the truck. The stealership, like most are full of b.s. Most 22" tires actually stand about 1/2" taller than 24" tires. You will have to do slight trimming with either setup, if you do not want any rubbing at all!! Also do not ever buy rims froma dealership unless you need to add them to your finance package. Most dealerships are getting them from their local rim shop anyway, and then selling them to you for a ridiculous markup!!!

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already made the deal and I am going to see the rims on this upcomming Friday (12/23/05). If I hate them in person, the dealership will send them back and not charge me anything. It all depends what they look like when I see them. By the way, I bargained with them and they were able to take $2,000 off the price. I think I might have the upper hand since I made them throw in a Classic Vertical Grille for free, which has a $1,995 sticker.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
I think I might have the upper hand since I made them throw in a Classic Vertical Grille for free, which has a $1,995 sticker.
Thanks.
Classic grille for 1995!!!!! You need to go to another dealer because they are probably ripping you off with the wheels and I could get a a way better price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I already made the deal and I am going to see the rims on this upcomming Friday (12/23/05). If I hate them in person, the dealership will send them back and not charge me anything. It all depends what they look like when I see them. By the way, I bargained with them and they were able to take $2,000 off the price. I think I might have the upper hand since I made them throw in a Classic Vertical Grille for free, which has a $1,995 sticker.

Thanks.
classic grill for 1995? are you kidding me? you dont have the upper hand in anything except them taking all your money...I got my classic grill on ebay brand new with warranty for 675.00 shipped. I installed it myself. Let me know if you want the link to the guy I bought it from. He sent it out and I got it in 3 days from NJ to Florida.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts

Thanks.
Do not buy 22" rims for 8,000. I don't care what brand they are or if they are throwing in a classic vertical grill. You are getting rip. Big time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have 24's and they don't rub at all. I actually want some 26's now. I sold my 22's for 1300 with near new tires. I would never pay more than 1500 for some 22's with tires. I paid 2700 for my 24's with tires that were basically new. They're the DUB Big Homies.

·
Registered
197 Posts
high priced 22's= $4000 max IMO....even then you are in 24's price zone....I wish I had 24's now.....but I'm buying a new SL600 anyways so now I need 20's.
$8k for 22's is just the stupidest thing I've seen on here.....ever.
Do let them screw you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IMO definitely go with the 24's ...i've seen 22's and 24's on escalade...and trust me the 22's will look small ...also i wouldn't buy anything from the dealership unless u can't get it anywhere else...dealership = overpriced

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
84 Posts
Sky High Ent. said:
I have 24's and they don't rub at all. I actually want some 26's now. I sold my 22's for 1300 with near new tires. I would never pay more than 1500 for some 22's with tires. I paid 2700 for my 24's with tires that were basically new. They're the DUB Big Homies.
where do they sell 24's with tires for that price?

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
I don't often speak up but... "05 cadillac escalade" your dealer really took you for a ride... the grill 2,000 are you nuts ? ? ? the only grill i know of in the 4 digit range is a strut, and thats high 4 figures... the rims now... DAMN you nuts... tack that on to the principleyou owe on the ride, an your payin' hella cash for something you could have gotten for a lot less... wake up dude, look around before you buy ! ! !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts