Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
212 Posts
STS deliveries have been way below 1k/month for some time now. GM doesn't advertise it at all. On top of that, it's the most expensive car Caddy has yet it doesn't have features available in the other sedans.

I personally like the STS over the other two but more cost for fewer options doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
Cadillac
458 Posts
Prob is they just gave up on the STS with the '08 design with only some cosmetic BS unlike the CTS. Wish they would have put some effort into a complete overhaul of the STS too. Imagine the power of a comperable STS-V to the new CTS-V design!

·
Registered
07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC
217 Posts
Prob is they just gave up on the STS with the '08 design with only some cosmetic BS unlike the CTS. Wish they would have put some effort into a complete overhaul of the STS too. Imagine the power of a comperable STS-V to the new CTS-V design!
Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well, with a new STS-V. With more/equal HP to the new CTS-V to compete with cars with more hp. in a larger class. I think GM just let the STS die. My car when I bought it new in 2007 cost $54,000 (sticker price), and it does NOT have: a GPS, HUD, HID lights, etc. etc. For that price, and what other cars (BMW, etc.) DOES offer, it's no wonder people look elsewhere.

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well, with a new STS-V. With more/equal HP to the new CTS-V to compete with cars with more hp. in a larger class. I think GM just let the STS die. My car when I bought it new in 2007 cost $54,000 (sticker price), and it does NOT have: a GPS, HUD, HID lights, etc. etc. For that price, and what other cars (BMW, etc.) DOES offer, it's no wonder people look elsewhere.
The sticker on mine when it was new was $103 (Canadian) which is crazy...I will NEVER buy new!

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,342 Posts
The next STS was going to be combined with the new DTS (which is still on the old G body) but I suspect that has been set back a bit based on the current situation.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2,342 Posts
A couple of months ago I had the chance to drive the Chinese STS--DVD screens in the headrests, clear tailights with amber turn signals, and stretched wheelbase--it's the one we want here for ***** sakes!!

·
Registered
07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC
217 Posts
A couple of months ago I had the chance to drive the Chinese STS--DVD screens in the headrests, clear tailights with amber turn signals, and stretched wheelbase--it's the one we want here for ***** sakes!!
The SLS ?
That would be simply GREAT if they made an SLS here in the US again. But, with the discontinuation of the STS/DTS next year, it will probably never happen. I can't wait to see what GM will have to replace the STS. If I like the new design, and they incorporate a "V" model in the year after (like they did to the STS), then I'll buy it in a heartbeat !

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
212 Posts
What scares me is the possibility that the CTS may become Caddy's "large" car. With the new CAFE regs the gov't is shoving down our throats manufacturers are being forced to downsize.

With the death of the Town Car, Lincoln's largest car is the MKS which is just barely larger than the CTS and has just about the same front seat interior dimensions.

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
you guys are scaring me. Finally I get my STS, granted, a little older yes... I love it and hope they continue to make a good mid-large car, other then the CTS. which is sort of cool looking but it seems to be a fad at this point.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok, it's my fault! I drove Pontiac Bonneville's for 15 years, all fully loaded SSEi's. Then they stop making them, so I turn to an STS as it's practically the same size car, just cost more, a lot more! My 2205 was good , but my 2008 AWD is so much better. So now I now when my 2008 comes up for lease in 2010, no more STS??!!! Sorry guys, it just seems to me I guess :(

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2,342 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. Powertrain technology is advancing pretty quickly so I think it can keep ahead of the game without downsizing the entire fleet.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
2 Posts
Face it. Washington isn't going to let us choose the cars we want. Car companies & their workers are all going to suffer and we will need to drive older cars & keep them in good repair to have what we want.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
Face it. Washington isn't going to let us choose the cars we want. Car companies & their workers are all going to suffer and we will need to drive older cars & keep them in good repair to have what we want.
huh?

what does Washington have to do with what's selling?
Based on those numbers it seems that the public is making the decision
And based on those numbers it looks like GM should be discountinuing some models...quickly

There are still plenty of V8 full size sedans out there...lexus..Audi..Mercedes..BMW

They will be around for quite a while I bet

Warren

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
You know what they say - "As GM goes, so goes the nation." And with Obama's help, it will come to pass. :stirpot:
who says that?

The word I hear is that the government should have never given them a dime...they made bad products and decisions for too many years
and they are "throwing good money after bad"
Then the same group says the other car makers will take up the slack....the strongest of the group Toyota, to have a big surge I would assume

Warren

1 - 20 of 26 Posts