Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 ats I saw a video on cue showing navigation when I press my nav icon it just brings up a compass that always points north even when it's not facing that direction. Now the small icon behind the steering wheel points the right way is mine not working or do I not have a nav feature hence my app question could it or other apps be downloaded from the App Store if it's available yet?

·
Registered
2014 XTS Premium; Previously 2013 ATS 3.6L Auto, 2013 ATS 2.0L Auto
347 Posts
...when I press my nav icon it just brings up a compass that always points north even when it's not facing that direction...
Any compass I ever had always pointed north, no matter which direction I faced.
Does your CUE display icon say 'NAV' or 'OnStar Nav'? There is a difference since 'NAV' would be the extra cost option with maps, directions, etc. and 'OnStar Nav' is a service through OnStar that only provides downloaded turn-by-turn routes.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
You probably do not have NAV. That (compass) shows up letting you know that you can access ONSTAR for turn by turn directions. Sorry.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Is there a car made at any price where NAV is standard without paying extra e.g. higher trim?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate Google maps on my iPhone I think it lags waze is ok but it would b nice to have one considering a have a screen in my dash. Instead I can look at a big ass compass that always point forward and says its north

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I like having a built in NAV with the big screen. Sometimes I just want see the surrounding area and figure away around an accident or temp road closure. Safer for me to look at the CUE screen than mess around with my phone.
I would really like an app to use google maps through the CUE screen.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I like having a built in NAV with the big screen. Sometimes I just want see the surrounding area and figure away around an accident or temp road closure. Safer for me to look at the CUE screen than mess around with my phone.
I would really like an app to use google maps through the CUE screen.
If Cadillac would support Carplay you could use apple maps via your screen.

----------

I hate Google maps on my iPhone I think it lags waze is ok but it would b nice to have one considering a have a screen in my dash. Instead I can look at a big ass compass that always point forward and says its north
You must have a very old iphone. It works amazing on my 6+.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
It amazes me that people do so little research on a vehicle before buying it. Not specific to this thread, but I've seen it many times on here. There is an ATS post in a different section here complaining about the ATS they bought not having rainsense wipers or backup camera or park assist. I just can't fathom putting that much money into something and not understanding exactly what you are getting, especially when it takes little to no effort to do that research. One of the first things I did was jump on the Cadillac website and compare trim levels to see what each one offered me and how I could option out a lower trim level. Fantastic tool. You can compare 3 trim levels side by side and see what you get or don't get in each one standard.

I certainly can't understand why anyone would think that a $30,000 luxury car would come with nav standard. Especially when it's the cheapest of the model's lineup.

BMW 335i doesn't come standard with nav ($2200 option)
MB CLA-45 AMG/C400 and their $65,000 C63 do not come with standard nav ($2500-$2700 option)
Lexus IS350 No standard nav. $63,000 RC-F coupe...No standard nav ($1850 option)
Audi A4/S4 A5 and $52,000 S5 no standard nav ($2900 option)
Infiniti's $37,000 base Q50 model, navigation is not even an option. You must have the Premium model and then you can add nav ($1400 option)
Acura TLX no standard nav. Only way to get it is to add the $4000 tech/advance package

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
and where NAV is standard its built into the price of the trim level. That said the price is normally less when you get it that way but still included.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
It amazes me that people do so little research on a vehicle before buying it. Not specific to this thread, but I've seen it many times on here. There is an ATS post in a different section here complaining about the ATS they bought not having rainsense wipers or backup camera or park assist. I just can't fathom putting that much money into something and not understanding exactly what you are getting, especially when it takes little to no effort to do that research. One of the first things I did was jump on the Cadillac website and compare trim levels to see what each one offered me and how I could option out a lower trim level. Fantastic tool. You can compare 3 trim levels side by side and see what you get or don't get in each one standard.

I certainly can't understand why anyone would think that a $30,000 luxury car would come with nav standard. Especially when it's the cheapest of the model's lineup.

MB CLA-45 AMG/C400 and their $65,000 C63 do not come with standard nav ($2500-$2700 option)
Lexus IS350 No standard nav. $63,000 RC-F coupe...No standard nav ($1850 option)
Infiniti's $37,000 base Q50 model, navigation is not even an option. You must have the Premium model and then you can add nav ($1400 option)
Acura TLX no standard nav. Only way to get it is to add the $4000 tech/advance package
Ditto about knowing what you are buying. I do know a lot of people who are "Old School" and do NOT want to deal with a nav system. They print paper maps from Google Maps. They also do not leave familiar territory frequently.

I was told by the salesperson, that a Nav upgrade can be done by a software add-on, for cars without it. Cannot confirm if that is totally true, or if anyone has done that. I think you must have CUE, though.

When you may have to change plans or drive to unfamiliar places regularly, nothing beats a built in nav. (Even an ancient one, like the one on my 04 CTS. HaHa).

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts

Boy !! You hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts
Ditto about knowing what you are buying. I do know a lot of people who are "Old School" and do NOT want to deal with a nav system. They print paper maps from Google Maps. They also do not leave familiar territory frequently.

I was told by the salesperson, that a Nav upgrade can be done by a software add-on, for cars without it. Cannot confirm if that is totally true, or if anyone has done that. I think you must have CUE, though.

When you may have to change plans or drive to unfamiliar places regularly, nothing beats a built in nav. (Even an ancient one, like the one on my 04 CTS. HaHa).
That sales man is a f'ing moron. If this was true, you would see thread after thread on this and other forums about doing it. I'm with the posters above that people need to do their homework as to what features their cars have; but at the same time, stupidity or outright misrepresentations by sale staff doesn't really help the situation either.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That sales man is a f'ing moron. If this was true, you would see thread after thread on this and other forums about doing it. I'm with the posters above that people need to do their homework as to what features their cars have; but at the same time, stupidity or outright misrepresentations by sale staff doesn't really help the situation either.
You've got that right. I would say that with every new car I ever bought, I knew more about the car going in than the salesperson. That's why I don't think I trusted what I was told by him. However, I did hear from other sources that it may be possible. Just curious, since I bought the car with the Nav system.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
You've got that right. I would say that with every new car I ever bought, I knew more about the car going in than the salesperson. That's why I don't think I trusted what I was told by him. However, I did hear from other sources that it may be possible. Just curious, since I bought the car with the Nav system.
Lol one salesman told me that my Ats was twin turbo

·
Registered
848 Posts
Lol one salesman told me that my Ats was twin turbo
He must have seen the 2.0 in front of the T.
or maybe he saw 2 exhaust pipes at the rear of the car. We're getting off topic.

I guess upgrading to a Nav in a non-Nav car is not a real option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts