Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people of the internet:)

I am a recent purchaser of a 2003 CTS...god i love this car. its the first elegant car that i bought on my own. i had a 95 z28 prior to this, but nothing compares to this comfort...screw speed...I need comfort :)

With that said...I bought my CTS from a used car dealership. Its from a reputable dealer down in miami, and i had somewhat of an inside considering that my best friend was a service writer there.

case and point, I got a 2003 Silver 3.2L with black interior, 46k on the clock, for $15.9 I thought it was reasonable, and I went for it. The jokers didnt know that the car still had close to a year left of warranty, and as a precaution I bought an extended warranty to 100k miles, through a third party provider.

Turns out that I took the car to the dealer and one way or another found out that the car is still under warranty.

ive been able to have them change the foggy headlights, and change the reverse lights to the painted 2007 version, along with other minor cosmetic blemishes.

my question is...yes after all that...there is a question...what is the most problematic thing that i should push for before the warranty expires? i already sent it in complaining about the infamous 35-40 torque converter issue, but they came back saying that there is no hard shift found. no worries...ill get them next time!

any suggestion is a good one, please feel free to be as absurd as possible!

·
0 Posts
hello people of the internet:)

Hello

I am the people of the internet! :highfive:

sounds like you got a good deal...

I dont know what to tell ya....But I like the whole 'Hello people of the internet" lol!!!!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD Performance
89 Posts
Only 3 more things I would do:

For an '03, don't forget to get them to change-out the dash to fix the analog clock issue...

If your headlights are peeling, they'll replace them for you.

Also, if you need help opening the trunk, you may be able to get that done, too...

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD Performance
89 Posts
Only 3 more things I would do:

For an '03, don't forget to get them to change-out the dash to fix the analog clock issue...

If your headlights are peeling, they'll replace them for you.

Also, if you need help opening the trunk, you may be able to get that done, too...

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you fellas...

i got the headlights fixed...i didnt think about the dash.

the transmission is kicking my ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts