Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Wood

Hi all new to the forum. I am looking to sell my cadillac I know this isn't the sale area but looking for advice on how to go about it price range etc.

I have a true barn find 1973 couple Deville. Black on black on black Fleetwood interior. Car is all original with 3400 miles on it. It's truly a beauty pains me to sell it. But I feel like it's originality and looks make it one of a kind. Any input would really be appreciated.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Car
Clothing Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car seat cover

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,948 Posts
At least $90,000 based on current used car prices.

Check some of the ones for sale might be a start.

I don't see a price listed on this one with 23,800 miles. I bet upper $30K, maybe $40K+ based on some other vehicles they are selling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all this is really helpful information. Car is currently in n.c. it gets more year round love if I keep it here then in n.j. Anyone recommend anyone to deal with when selling?

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,948 Posts
I have never done business with any of these places. Some that I look at often.

Vanguard buys and they usually sell low mileage cars.

Gateway does consignment. They have numerous locations..

Mecums Auctions

GR also does consignment

Orlando also lists some fine auto's

One issue selling is finding a buyer that has the financing. Two places do classic car financing that I know of are
JJ Best Banc and Woodside credit. Both have minimum amounts and I think lowest term is 6 yrs. Best Banc will send someone to inspect and photograph the vehicle that I know. So if you have a buyer and they need financing they can try those 2 places. .

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,948 Posts
Here are a few more

Volo

Unique

Anthony might be interested. If you can get a hold of him.

Transport used to be about 50 cents a mile not enclosed. With the rise in fuel prices and driver shortage it's hard to say what the average is about now. I think enclosed was about $1 a mile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reaching out to some of the above I received a couple offers. The highest was 27.5 to sell it outright or consign and wait and see. I know they are going to slap 39k on it when they get it. So my question is does this seem fair and common?

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz, 1983 Sedan deVille
1,589 Posts
Would you be happy with 27k and walk away without having to do anything else? Many would

Like anything else, private party is a lot more lucrative and often a lot more work than selling to someone whose job it is to make profit.

You have something extremely special there and if you put it on eBay, Bring a trailer, Cadillac Lasalle Club forum for sale page, AACA for sale page etc. you are assured to find a buyer. The two former sites need a sultry description, the latter two will have you meeting people in person, and all four need high quality pictures, your prompt response to inquiries, and dealing with tire kickers.

Did you save the original double stripe tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have the original tires. They are really the only thing not original as they had a flat spot. I had the number at 30 in my head that I was hopeful for but you're right it's a lot of work to sell a car especially a classic car. It just stings to know they are going to turn around and probably make an easy 10k on it. I knew this wouldn't be easy. Ugh.

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz, 1983 Sedan deVille
1,589 Posts
I would not despair-maybe the tone of my post was not as intended. The beauty part is that you have an amazing specimen there in an amazing color. The serious buyers that will be interested in something of that caliber it at a solid price aren’t going to antagonize. So yes, more work than calling the dealer and waiting for the truck to arrive and take it away. But the good stuff brings good buyers, hence only the junk lasts on the market.

or better yet, keep it

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,948 Posts
or better yet, keep it
That's probably what I would do. I always liked that front end. It says "Cadillac". I knew someone who had one from that year. He'd pull into the driveway and you knew that was a Cadillac.

I wonder what it sold for new? I bet less than $15K. The old video's from "Let's Make A Deal" on youtube would give you some idea.

I haven't looked lately to see if the seller of an early 90's very low mileage for $50K is still listed. I guess if they were willing to wait it out for a seller their asking price was worth it.

You'd be surprised who might want to buy it. The '84 Eldorado Biarritz I have the seller told me he had someone from Australia interested. They almost bought it if it had not been for the shipping cost. Anthony from Specialty Motors has sold Cadillac's to buyers from the Middle East. The ME buyers you can bet are fluid in money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I knew it would be tough I fielded unsolicited offers and appraisals for this car through the years from 15k to 50k. It truly is amazing but also extremely antagonizing. I've had a knot in my stomach for 4 days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts