Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Cadillac has announced that they will release all 2016 models with Apple CarPlay. Does anyone believe that people with a 2015i escalade will be able to upgrade with a simple firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
2015-15i Escalade Premium Black/Kona
65 Posts
Seeing as the 2016 radio inlay will be same size and form factor design as 2015-15i.....wouldn't you think it would be an option to ask dealer to order new 16 infotainment system and replace to then have CarPlay? Of course when I ask this I am assuming at owner (your own) expense....any thoughts or anyone with inside knowledge on this?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Robertbfrazer said:
Seeing as the 2016 radio inlay will be same size and form factor design as 2015-15i.....wouldn't you think it would be an option to ask dealer to order new 16 infotainment system and replace to then have CarPlay? Of course when I ask this I am assuming at owner (your own) expense....any thoughts or anyone with inside knowledge on this?
It may be possible if you knew if the radio wasn't separate modules located elsewhere in the truck

That would make swapping it over a lot better if it's a single piece unit

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
CJd said:
Sounding stupid...what's apple carplay?
Head unit interface where your phone's display is your head unit display with all the apps, functionality etc.

·
Registered
Escalade
36 Posts
I believe CarPlay has only limited apps, not all of the phone's apps working through the car's screen. You do get Siri though, not that Siri is terribly useful. Don't know whether you get unlimited Siri functionality.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
leverda said:
I believe CarPlay has only limited apps, not all of the phone's apps working through the car's screen. You do get Siri though, not that Siri is terribly useful. Don't know whether you get unlimited Siri functionality.
It depends on what the company allows
I have seen many pioneer units that allow almost all of the iPhone apps to work on the radio screen

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Thanks! And...I think I can live without it. I can play the iphone music wirelessly on the old head, so I'm happy with what I've got. Much rather have 2 dedicated screens than 2 showing the same device.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I am sensing the new Apple Carplay is going to make the CUE more glitch than what it is now. It's sounds cool, but other side of me says it's going to have some lag. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Nihsel10 said:
I am sensing the new Apple Carplay is going to make the CUE more glitch than what it is now. It's sounds cool, but other side of me says it's going to have some lag. Thats just me though.
They are supposed to beef up the processing power of the system but I doubt it

I could do without it so

----------

evois said:
I don't think it will accommodate my 350 apps and work perfectly?
That's a lot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts