Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this when I first opened the hood, and I wouldn't really care unless the rest of the car/engine is in such great shape, but I noticed the pait where it says V8 PFI bublled up, and even when cool, stayed like that.

Does Caddy sell a sticker to put on it, or what can I do to fix this? the bubbles are very britle and looks like crap:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not plastic, it is the valve cover, it is some sort of a heat paint.....

I dunno what to do, if I was to pull it off and pait it, it might not come out nice (proablly wont) but then maybe I could customize it alittle (add a classic Cadillac script to the left)

Anyone know what else I could do?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I would take it off and get creative..... I would do it to mine, but my engine isnt in sideways, and there isnt any more room anyway :(

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
my valve cover isnt looking that great either, iam thinking about taking it off and painting it too, seems like the best way.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, IF I did paint it, what paint should I use?

AFA taking the valve cover off...is it pretty stright forward, or are there alot of extra things to do....is there a gasket that I would have to replace?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, as I was thinking about this, doing a custom design on the cover would be cool, but because my artistic skills are pretty much 0, I can not do anything free hand, I would have to make up some sort of stencil, I would want something like the traditional Cadillac script writing to the left, with V8 PFI to the right, and maybe something else about the engine (HO just for looks or something :D) but how would I get a stencil with Cadillac in letters ande V8 PFI etc.... because like I said, if I was to do it freehand, it would look like a 4th grader did it.

Also my question before, is there any special thing I would need to do to take the cover off? would I have to replace a gasket? anything else I should check in there with the cover off? what would I tourqe the bolts down to when putting it back on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts