Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium Sedan 6MT
178 Posts
Very nice, glad to hear theres a good aftermarket option. Looks like theyre still not marketing it but i'd imagine they would make it as a special order part. Good stuff, thanks for the update!

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
Sorry to revive an older thread!

Does anyone know if the 2015+ setup really is better than the 13/14? Any experiences on modified cars/any actual torque ratings?

@tunedATS, would you mind giving a little more info about the setup spec gave you?
Is it a whole flywheel, pressure plate, and disc setup, or just a pressure plate and disc?
If it is a new flywheel are there any issues with the transmission rattling at idle? (Common problem with lightweight flywheels)

Evaluating my limited options since my clutch is finally starting to slip.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
484 Posts
^My guess for the different part numbers is solely due to part number revisions, not an actual change in mechanics. I could be completely wrong (and I hope I am because that would give us 2013-14 guys a good affordable upgrade with guaranteed fitment) but I would just be surprised they would bother changing anything clutch-wise on manual ATS as they had such a low take rate, which would have been very obvious by the time they started building 2015 models in May of 2014. And I also doubt a 23hp/33tq bump would necessitate a reengineered clutch kit, that's just not enough to warrant it. But hey maybe they did.

I just checked spec clutch's site, they only advertise as having something for the CTS and CTS-V. Guess it would take a call to them and maybe a reference to this thread to get something made for our car. I think Kentucky Clutch could be worth a look too. And ZZP, I know a couple guys on the Facebook page have gone with clutch kits from them. One guy upgraded to a lightweight flywheel, said the rattle is there but not super apparent.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 2.0T 6MT
351 Posts
Anything for Camaro (2.0 that is) should work... Possibly mustang but they have trans cooler lines living in the clutch area plus in have no idea on input shaft etc

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T M6. ZZP Stage 1 w/E85 tune, Renick exhaust
3 Posts
Anyone figure out if the '15+ clutch/pressure plate will be better than the '13 set-up? If not I am going to give spec and zzp a call. Anything more than 1/2 throttle and my clutch gives up and its way worse when burning corn juice.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
I just ordered the aforementioned Spec disc/plate and a Fidanza flywheel. Will post pictures/impressions/part numbers once I have everything in hand.

Does anyone know if these cars use a pilot bearing, and if so what the part number is?

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
Go to zzperformance they have everything you need. Check them out. They have allot for manual upgrades. Good luck
Unfortunately, they do not. Please note I am not trying to bash ZZP or any other manufacturers here! You can't expect them to have/know everything.

The only aftermarket disc/plate setup they offer is a CM 8 puck ceramic which only works with the CM flywheel. If you go on CM's website there are a decent number of other disc options available with the same plate+flywheel. ZZP does not sell any of these options. At this time the only other options I have been able to find are an OEM replacement, the one from Spec, and I think I saw someone saying another company had come along and made one or two.

They do not openly advertise the flywheel bolts (if they even sell them at all). These bolts are torque to yield and should be replaced any time you do this job. I contacted ARP and they do not offer an aftermarket solution here.

They do not give a part number for a new pilot bearing. I am not sure if our cars have one or not, and probably won't know until it's apart.

There are reports that the new versions of the Fidanza flywheels work with the factory pilot bearing and bolts, contrary to some other posts and ZZPs website. Again we probably won't know until everything gets here.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
484 Posts
^Sorry you're kind of a guinea pig here, but hope you'll share your findings with the rest of us 6MT owners so we can be more informed when the time comes. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don’t have a manual. I don’t see a lot of aftermarket trans upgrades. I been calling companies for trans, and gears for these GM for a trans kit upgrade for my auto 6L45. Their a company coming out with a performance kit for the Cadillac ATS, Camaro trans upgrade kit. I getting the first one. ( I keep you guys posted) I purchased almost everything through zzp and I think their product is quality. (Mabe I lucked out, some don’t get that experience) I think it comes down to knowing how to install their product. Like anything else, is being knowable. I am not offended, I don’t think your bashing them. Opinions are ok.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
All parts arrived. Despite ZZPs claim that the flywheel would not need custom bolts (even though the listing still says it does) the OEM bolts do not fit. Contacting Fidanza today to see what their solution is. It would not be hard at all to open the holes up for the head of the OEM bolts to fit properly, and I certainly have the tools/capabilities to do so.

Current Part Numbers:
Fidanza Flywheel: 198211
Spec Clutch Disc/Pressure Plate: SC20FOH-2
OEM Flywheel Bolts: 11610954 (x8)
Pilot Bearing: F214930

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Fidanza. They were super helpful in answering the rest of my questions. The early revisions of the flywheel were made directly with ZZP and have the issues that I'm having. I'm not sure if that means ordering from any other site will prevent this or not. He also informed me that there IS a pilot bearing and gave me a part number (added above). As far as the bolts he did not have the exact thread/length on hand but did say they had to go with an aftermarket torx bolt so that it will sit properly. Will be measuring and digging around for one of those tonight. They're an oddball being M11 so it will certainly be interesting what comes up. Just spitballing until I can measure, but it looks like they might be very similar to the LS bolts linked below.

https://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-detail.php?RecordID=1973

MVIMG_20190405_161907.jpg

MVIMG_20190405_161910.jpg

MVIMG_20190405_161912.jpg

MVIMG_20190405_161919.jpg

MVIMG_20190405_162030.jpg

MVIMG_20190408_155516.jpg

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
Sorry for the long gap between posts.

The part number for the pilot bearing fits the flywheel perfectly. Unsure on input shaft since I still haven't gotten around to dropping the trans (other projects have popped up).

I ended up drilling out the flywheel to fit the stock bolts. I searched high and low and could not find ANY other options. The ARP heads are larger than OEM, so they cannot be used unless significant material is removed.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
19 Posts
Finally got the whole combo in and working. The part numbers I listed previously are correct. Between having the flywheel holes drilled out, the expense, piecing the entire kit together, and the benefits/downsides of a setup like this you really have to consider if it's worth it to you. For me it is, but I imagine the updated 2016+ setup will be fine for 90% of the owners out there.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts