Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna try one last time, is there anyone with a 3.6 exhaust they woudl be willing to part with? I am in Detroit but would be willing to drive several hours. I called dealerships around here, no one has one. This is my last attempt before I get some pipes custom bent. Thanks!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
That may be the route to go. It's amazing that CTS-V exhausts are realitively easy to find but many more 3.6 engines were sold. I bought my V exhaust from a guy named Doug from Newark, Ohio. He had two. He may still have the other one??:hmm: I have his e-mail address at work if you want it?.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobertCTS said:
That may be the route to go. It's amazing that CTS-V exhausts are realitively easy to find but many more 3.6 engines were sold. I bought my V exhaust from a guy named Doug from Newark, Ohio. He had two. He may still have the other one??:hmm: I have his e-mail address at work if you want it?.
acutally i just met Doug the other day, real nice guy. Bought his other V exhaust he had off him. Since I have the 3.2, I did not want to just bolt the V exhaust up, thats why I was looking to just swap the mufflers onto a 3.6 exhaust. Thanks though!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Caddy Man said:
acutally i just met Doug the other day, real nice guy. Bought his other V exhaust he had off him. Since I have the 3.2, I did not want to just bolt the V exhaust up, thats why I was looking to just swap the mufflers onto a 3.6 exhaust. Thanks though!
You met Doug Klein? What did you think of his body parts!!? How did you find out he had another V exhaust? I was afraid it was gone as that was over 6 months ago. I gave him $30 for mine. He even offered to put it on for me. Yes, a very nice man. Did you see his dogs?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RobertCTS said:
You met Doug Klein? What did you think of his body parts!!? How did you find out he had another V exhaust? I was afraid it was gone as that was over 6 months ago. I gave him $30 for mine. He even offered to put it on for me. Yes, a very nice man. Did you see his dogs?
he acutally came up here to Michigan, he just happened to deliver some stuff about 2 minutes from my house anyways, so I went and picked up the exhaust from there. I posted for an exhaust in the V forums a while ago and we PMed each other back and forth. Big guy!!!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Caddy Man said:
he acutally came up here to Michigan, he just happened to deliver some stuff about 2 minutes from my house anyways, so I went and picked up the exhaust from there. I posted for an exhaust in the V forums a while ago and we PMed each other back and forth. Big guy!!!
He's a weight lifter. So is his wife. His neck is as big as my thigh. I'm glad he's user friendly. Damn you were so lucky to get it practically delivered to your door!!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
S2000 driver said:
As a new owner of a 3.6 I was wondering what makes the OEM exhaust (1) rare and (2) special? Just curious.
I think the only reason its "rare" is fewer 3.6 owners have the money or the desire to upgrade their exhaust than the V owners. What makes it "special" is the recent information indicating that the V exhaust is probably too big for the 3.6, and almost definately too big for the 3.2L V6 motors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts