Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a aftermarket hid kit that I ordered off of ebay....

Now it came with inline fuses of 10amps.... Should I upgrade them to 20amps?? and should I upgrade any of the other fuses??

Also should I disable my DRL's and Auto Headlights?? and if so how do I do this??

The reason I ask is because it seems as if the light Fluctuates in brightness while I am driving... So I am thinking the lights are not getting enough power... I do not have the lights connected directly to the battery, I just have them installed as plug and play...

Help...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
On my 03' when I upgraded to HID highbeams and fogs I went from 10's to 20's, and used a heavy duty harness to the underhood fuse panel, the company I got them from told me to do this.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i wouldnt upgrade any fuses without upping the wire guage of anything inline with that fuse.

all you're doing with a larger fuse is allowing more current to flow through that circuit before the fuse blows. Like hcvone said, upgrade your harness and i'd upgrade your fuse, if you don't change any wiring changing your fuse is a death warrant as you'll fry the stock wiring.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 03' when I upgraded to HID highbeams and fogs I went from 10's to 20's, and used a heavy duty harness to the underhood fuse panel, the company I got them from told me to do this.

yeah unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to have someone do this for me.. as I have no idea how to wire this Heavy Duty Harness.. Where did you purchase the harness??

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I got the harness from the company I got the lights from, there are several companies making GM headlight harnesses if you look around online, will post where I got mine if I can find it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts