Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!

So, some guy came over to my house, and showed me a full woodgrain dash kit for the CTS. The colour matches the door handles perfectly.

I pretty much just want the vents and the part of the door where the buttons are in woodgrain.

So basically, all the other stickers, for the center console/radio/sunroof controls/etc etc would all go wasted.

So I was wondering if anyone was interested in the other pieces!

Maybe you want your radio stack in wood? or the steering wheel?

Who knows...

If you're interested, let's split a kit!

Thanx!

Mike

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

This is really cool.

If John takes the door handles and the shifter plate bezel, and Robert takes the rear doors..

...and I take the front door button clusters and vents...

This could work perfectly!

...and hey, if we decide we all want more pieces, we could order more kits!

The stickers looked very high quality and shiny. Nothing cheap about them. they came on this huge piece of cardboard that opens up.

I don't think they were molded plastic pieces, though. They looked thin, but not paper-thin.

Not a match to the steering wheel, but a perfect match to the door handle. The guy does this for the dealers here in Montreal.

We have John's E-mail address here, so Rob, we just need yours, and we're set.

We can discuss offline.

Rob, do you wanna PM me your address, and the three of us will coordinate?

By the way, I am not obliged to buy from this guy. We can buy off ebay... but this way, if I get my vents and door buttons, and John gets his handles and shifter, and Robert gets his his rear doors, we saved a good 1/3rd the price!

So Rob, PM me, and and we'll figure this out. At around $150, I think these kits are too expensive, but at around $50/each, we are set!

Let's hope we can work this out!

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I don't know a fair way to price it out. How many pieces in a kit and price per piece. If you only get 2 pieces you don't want to pay a 1/3 of the price.
Who is the manufacturer?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there,

Personally, I don't care how many pieces I have to make it worth it.

If one wants the door controls and vents, and another wants the rear doors, and another wants the center console...

Personally, if a kit is $150, I'd be happy with $50/$50/$50.

To start worrying about dividing the square inches of our pieces and dividing by total surface area, or the number of pieces divided by all the pieces, so that it's $45/$48/$57 (or whatever!) is probably a little silly.

I don't care if I come out $6 up or down.

If I can get three vents covered and the door things for $50, I am thrilled. Yeah, it's probably one-tenth the entire kit (that center console is the bulk of it!) but who cares... I am happy.

If you're still interested, please let me know... PM me, and the three of us could figure it out.....!

Thanx!
MG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts