Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
haha, hmm. First time that happened. Probably got them from CarDomain?

... I asked if he could send me some bigger pictures of it, hehehehe.....

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
lol... you get the joke, right?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Tell him you're the original owner and have been searching for that car since you sold it 10 years ago, then tell him you know it's your old one since the door has been repainted that you can see in that one picture. Then show up in your Phaeton when you go look at the car.

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance - 1969 Coupe DV (R.I.P.)
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait is that a picture of your phaeton????

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Yep, old pictures while it still had a mismatched door, cloudy top moldings and a host of other now resolved issues.

Eldo99, love your idea, friggin hilarious! I'd do that if it wasn't a couple thousand mile drive...

lochenjons, I thought that was why you posted it, lol!!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
yeah, if it was local I probably would, but I also got my Phaeton from California and had it shipped in which cost over 1k in itself and took a month, not something I'd like to repeat. And then when it got here it wouldn't even start.

pff, like I cared.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
It does look like it's running, but it was missing the alternator belt, and the battery was drained. The drain turned out to be the glove box light, but I've done sooo much under the hood since then, that's all in the past.

·
Registered
None yet
431 Posts
thats cool the guy im buying the 83 from says he might just have it transported from new jersey to mass for free for me so i wont even have to drive plus the cars a second car aka toy so im expecting some things wrong either way its all good.........chances we take buying online

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Yeah, the guy I got mine from said it was in great running condition and it could be a daily driver.. hah! It also had a bad freeze plug, bad wheel bearings, needed a carb rebuild, alternator, power steering pump, and new belts. Among other things. And I'm about to have the A/C done. Then she'll be complete.

That being said, I didn't care that it needed work, I didn't care that I had to have it towed right after I bought it, I was that in love with it. I have about $9,000 into it now including the original price.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
yeah, I sent an email right after I saw it asking for more pictures and he never got back with me... I kinda wished he'd show some pictures of his real car, I'm curious now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts