Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to use this as soon as the weather gets warmer. I have 24K miles and have not seen any noticeable power or fuel economy reduction. Gonna do it as a precautionary step.

What has been your experience with this and your results?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Not familiar with anyone who has used it. I'm interested to hear about. Maybe Tracy has tested with a before and after with a bore scope.

I know people who have used Seafoam, but not for intake valve build-up issues.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
I am going to get a couple of cans. The problem for us is the instructions have you spraying it in the intake aft of the MAF. So, I am looking a small rubber plug to plug the hole I plan to drill in the intake tube just infront of the TB. One other problem is will take 2 pepole to do this as you need to have the RPM's at 2,200.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I get nervous drilling holes on boosted cars. You might be able to pull the MAF off and spray it through the TB.

If I knew the stuff would definitely work, a removable plug would be nice though.

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
If you spray it in after the MAF it will have to travel through the turbo and I-C first. Could lead to dislodging crap that might be in the I-C. Best point would be right in front of the TB.

·
Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just pulled up the MSDS for this product and it is mostly Acetone, Toluene with some Heptane and Alcohol.

CRC Intake Cleaner PDF
So what does the chemicals in this product tell you? Any harmful to the systems it will be passed through? The point of entry for the spray is just past the MAF sensor after you loosen the clamp and place the tube prior to injecting it into the system. Directions for use seem fairly standard. And yes, it takes two people to monitor.

Anyone noticed this product made an improvement?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Well I will be dammed.. CRC TB & Intake cleaner has the same MSDS percentages as the NEW Intake Valve cleaner.

I screwed up.... The TB Cleaner is NOT the same as the Intake Valve Cleaner. I corrected post #6.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
I love the stuff - and a lot of others of similar marketing/composition.

I work part-time as a parts counterman at the local Western Auto. (Google "spiff")

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
OBTW - be careful where you squirt.... as the IAT sensor is just south of the TB and any form of solvent will probably do it in.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
^^^ I'd pull off the black plastic I/C to TB pipe. Even if the IAT sensor is removed, the car will run well enough for the cleaning.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yep.. The IAT sensor is not an issue for the duration of the cleaning. I am not sure that the unmetered air would be a problem either. I am just a lazy old gezzer. Anything repetitive I look for an easier way. lol

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Even though the spray may almost all go into the TB, I could see small amounts bouncing off surfaces and eventually making its way to the IAT sensor . Probably a small risk.

I guess it depends upon how often you'll do this.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hey Rag... I sent a note to CRC and asked them if they considered turbo'd car like the ATS. It will be interesting to see if they respond.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts