Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Caddy Forum...

Its been a super long time since ive been on here. The tint shop said that theyd do it for me. I'm just worried its going to look weird since ive never seen tinted tail lights with film tint. ANy opinions on that? I know i can get them professionally done but im curious to know how theyd look with film tint...

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Why not just buy a kit off ebay, there only like 20-30$ and cut to your car. I've never seen it, but its been offered to me before too by my local shop

·
Registered
2004 cts sport
856 Posts
the spray is the easiest and doesnt look to bad, i know the tints from ebay are shit, and extremly hard to get on hahahaha not worth it, as for the tint shop, if there a professional place, im sure it should come out good, i had mine tinted at a tint place and it turned out really good... its a shame i had to take em off because of the cops :canttalk: but thats another story

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
If you know how to use VHT its good you just have to know how to use it

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
If you know how to use VHT its good you just have to know how to use it
I've heard that before... :bigroll: I'll take a professional's guaranteed work for $100/$150 over a $7.50 rattle can special any day. I prefer not to roll those dice on a $600 set of tail lamps...if you want to, good on ya...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well I know how to use it thats why I say that Ive done 100's of sets of lights although I dont use VHT anymore I am able to I prefer my own process

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Well I know how to use it that's why I say that I've done 100's of sets of lights although I don't use VHT anymore I am able to I prefer my own process
And I'm an amateur that's somewhat less than completely handy so I'll let someone like yourself or Jon do it for me!

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
More like hammered shit...

And most of the time VHT Nightshades is a "hundred yard honey"; good from far, far from good...

Best bet is a professional job...check with Jon's Tinted Tails. I've had mine done in medium and they look sick on a black vehicle...
can we see some pics...

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
He does a good job but they definetly could be darker
The ones shown are medium...you can get extra/light, light, light/medium, medium, medium/dark, dark. He can do color matching too to match the body color, and mask off the reverse lights too. I just do straight up mediums on mine to get the effect without really affecting output and not to draw the attention of law enforcement.

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
The ones shown are medium...you can get extra/light, light, light/medium, medium, medium/dark, dark. He can do color matching too to match the body color, and mask off the reverse lights too. I just do straight up mediums on mine to get the effect without really affecting output and not to draw the attention of law enforcement.
i just got pulled over, cop slammed me for everything i did to my car....that was his reasoning behind pulling me over...just cause:rant2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
What all did he sight you for I have so much illegal stuff done and never got slammed for anything but the tint

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
I've heard that before... :bigroll: I'll take a professional's guaranteed work for $100/$150 over a $7.50 rattle can special any day. I prefer not to roll those dice on a $600 set of tail lamps...if you want to, good on ya...
Beauty of VHT is that it comes off easily by just wetsanding it. So *any amateur* can do it right and spend much much less than $150.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Beauty of VHT is that it comes off easily by just wetsanding it. So *any amateur* can do it right and spend much much less than $150.
I'll stand by my previous standpoint; I'm all about paying professionals for a professional job, and holding them accountable to my impossibly high standards!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts