D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Has anyone heard of Silverstar Sylvania Bulbs? Are they HID or just high projection? I want to get new bulbs for my current fogs but don't want to change out the whole light. All I want to do is replace the bulb without doing any bodywork.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
Has anyone heard of Silverstar Sylvania Bulbs? Are they HID or just high projection? I want to get new bulbs for my current fogs but don't want to change out the whole light. All I want to do is replace the bulb without doing any bodywork.

Thanks.
They are better than the stock bulbs, no more wattage, just a whiter light output.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
um....its a 1000.00....i think ill get the sylvania bulbs...anybody else have other options? how about yellow bulbs?

·
Registered
'05 Escalade EXT
216 Posts
MISTERK said:
um....its a 1000.00....i think ill get the sylvania bulbs...anybody else have other options? how about yellow bulbs?
Is it really that much or were they :alchi: when they posted the price?:hmm:

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
I want to get the Silverstar Sylvania bulbs but have a question. Can I just replace the bulbs in the stock fog lights with the Silverstar Sylvania bulbs?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Both of those units seem like a great upgrade, just a little too pricey for a foglight IMHO. I'll keep the factory units and replace the bulbs with silverstar when the need arises. I replaced my highbeam lamps with silverstar bulbs a few months ago and it made a big difference in visibility.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
I want to get the Silverstar Sylvania bulbs but have a question. Can I just replace the bulbs in the stock fog lights with the Silverstar Sylvania bulbs?

Thanks.
Yes. Silverstar makes a plug-in replacement bulb. My local Wal-Mart even carries the bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Sylvania has been in buisness for several years. Their automobile replacement bulbs are considerably pricer than the "run of the mill" bulbs, but IMO they're well worth it.

Google "sylvania silverstar review" and you'll get lots of sites with good before and after pictures. The difference in my parents 2002 SLS was night and day.....no pun intended.

·
Registered
Escalade
81 Posts
Any other places chains that carry the Silverstar's other than Wal-Mart.
There is no Wally World near me..
But we have Kragens, and Grand Auto.
Any other places that you know of..

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
ICEMAN said:
Any other places chains that carry the Silverstar's other than Wal-Mart.
There is no Wally World near me..
But we have Kragens, and Grand Auto.
Any other places that you know of..

Thanks
Larry

Pep Boys, Auto Zone and most car stores carry Sylvania bulbs. :)

·
Registered
Escalade
81 Posts
Now,
I'll really sound like a boob..
What size bulbs are the High Beams.
I cannot find my manual right now so I'm not too sure..
Please help.

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
Last night I installed some Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in my bros F150. There pretty bright compared to stock. I guess if you dont want to spend more $$$ for the PIAAs this is the way to go. just my opinion

He bought them at Pepboys for $35.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts