Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Auto.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had anyone used the crc intake valve/turbo cleaner product to help with coking and valve cleaning? Results?

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
661 Posts
I used it, but I honestly don't know if it did anything. In fact, I think it almost hydrolocked my engine. I think a little pooled up somewhere in the system, so when I was doing the last step, drive it hard, which happened to coincide with an uphill climb, I think the leftover liquid all got sucked in at the same time. There was a loud bang and it almost stalled out, then sputtered and shook for a few hundred feet, then, luckily, back to normal.

I can tell you that my turbo blades look spotless, but I've never looked at my valves. The reviews and images on the internet seem to say it's a good product. I've been running catch cans ever since, so I hopefully don't needs any valve or turbo cleaning again and I'd be hesitant to do so based solely on my personal experience with it. Maybe I did it wrong, and if I did, that scares me even more because I'm pretty sure I followed those directions EXACTLY.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would say with a normally aspirated engine it would be much safer since you don't have to worry about big chunks of carbon build up getting jammed in the turbo.

There is a member here that has a Youtube channel, and he did it to his 2015 2.0T, and he was impressed with the results.

The safest method is the walnut blasting since the bits of carbon get vacuumed up in the process. Assuming the mechanic knows how to rotate the engine to close the valves fully, and does a thorough job cleaning up the mess. I had it done to my 2010 Cobalt SS with the LNF 2.0T and it helped. Much smoother idle and less hesitation.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts