Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
I installed a pair and they are no brighter than the DRL's. The Camaro's fogs are twice the size of ours and that might be why the LEDs look bright. If you need extra light and the color to match the heads try Hoen. If your just looking for a color to go with the heads go LED. I may keep them in to run the parking and fogs together and not piss off passing motorists. I have replaced 12 bulbs to LED and these are the worst performing ones.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Aren't the Camaro fogs reflectors, not projectors like ours? It's going to look a lot brighter oncoming for sure, because our fogs focus the light VERY precisely.
I put HID's in my fogs and the cutoff and shape of the light throw is very very good, way brighter than projector fogs, and more clean.

Fogs only:

Fogs + stock HID. You can see the difference.

I need a pic of just the stock head lights so you can see how much more of the road lights up. Our projectors are designed very well, I have to admit.
Let me know how the LED's look, if you can get a shot of the light beam I would appreciate it, as I might want to try them instead of HID :)
If they can use the LED type from our backup lamps with more bulbs, it would be insanely bright!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe Raven Black
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/IMG]
I'll try to get a shot of the light beam. Won't be much of a beam, a match is brighter
Looks decent so far. I'm worried about how long they will last without failing due to heat. About 50% of my interior and license plate LED's are failing left and right. Pissing me off.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They should be designed with heatsinks, like any good LED. The home ones aren't as bright and they come with HUGE heatsinks for longevity.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah the ones that last the longest have voltage regulators and heatsinks built in so they dont fry themselves.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nothing special. Xentech H11 fog light HID kit.

$30-40 shipped on ebay. I wanted the cheapest HID kit possible, as these projectors are small, so they'll generate a LOT of heat. I figure they'll burn out or break so why spend a lot? The results were much better than expected, as you can see from my pictures.
When the bulbs or ballasts burn out I'll buy another one, for another $30, this time in 3000k. The 6000k is really blue for my tastes, and I hear the yellow really cuts through fog.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:want: Damnnit..I don't want my thread to turn into another HID conversion thread!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like I said, about as bright as a match.
I think I like them better than the regular. IMO the fogs don't do squat but look good anyways. How do you like them compared to the old? Worth the money for the look?

·
Registered
544 Posts
My fogs make the total light output on the ground about 75% more.. it does quite a bit. I can drive with just the fogs on at night with no problem almost.

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
Better color, better look than stock. You make the call. If I was to do over I think I'd buy the Hoen's and get color and more output.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts