Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ELR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done anything with the headliner panel that houses the garage door opener switches? I'm wanting to transfer the dashcam I had in my Volt to our new ELR. The Volt had assorted seams and grooves in the windshield trim and dash that let me run the power cable for the cam to the top of dash storage compartment that, on the Volt, had a 12 'cigarette lighter" type outlet. The ELR seams are way to tight to get a cable into and there are no handy outlets to use anyway. The cam runs on 5 volts from a cell phone type 12 volt plug in charger but if there is a 5 volt supply to be had inside that panel, I'd use it. I'm sure the little cam does not draw enough power to affect anything or blow a fuse. I'm hoping someone else had more nerve than me and now knows how to get into the panel without breaking anything. Thanks, Gary.

·
Registered
2014 ELR Saks Edition
95 Posts
I don't know what all the requirements are for your dashcam, but the USB port inside the console would be a 5 volt power source...

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
The panel behind the rear view mirror will pop off. Then you can tap into one of the slots there. I had a rubber spatula that I slipped between the cover and the glass and carefully pulled the cover away from the glass. It will just pop off at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts