·
Registered
Cadillac
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer told me something very interesting today -- and keep
in mind the source of this information -- but it seems that since
the CTS has won so much appraisal, owners of BMWs and other
luxury vehicles are giving the Cadillac CTS a chance.

Anyone here recently switch from another luxury brand to the
CTS? I am very interested in hearing how this car lives up to
those models, particularly for the fact that I am a current Acura
RL leaser and thinking of leasing a CTS very shortly.

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
I went from an Infiniti M35 to the CTS and I have no complaints. Also, keep in mind you are eligible for the $1000 conquest rebate since you are an existing Acura owner.

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
I traded in a Lexus Rx400 for my CTS. I have owned 2 Lexus and 2 Mercedes and the CTS is better than any of them.

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury
511 Posts
I moved to the '08 CTS from an Infiniti G35. The CTS is a far better car -- design, quality, features, handling, ride, etc. are all superior to what my G35 provided.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
I was testing Infiniti M35 and looked at MB C350. I do no like BMW so series 3 were off the list. Acura – FWD so it was no no. CTS won. There are some quirks – see my other posts but fundamentally it is a great car. GM just need to get the “initial quality” right.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
438 Posts
I switched from a BMW 530i, and the CTS is better. In all fairness, the BMW was an '01, but the current 535i is too expensive relative to the CTS when loaded up with similar options. Even my '01 BMW handled better than many sport luxury sedans that I test drove, but the CTS with FE2 (or FE3) suspension drives as good or better. The CTS is quieter too, which was important to my wife.

None of the other cars I considered were American, so it was kinda cool to see the American make/model come out on top. The CTS had the handling, the quiet well-appointed interior, the high-tech, and the tilt factor that I can't explain but just made me wanna get back in the car and drive.

·
Registered
'08 CTS-4; 3.6DI; Premium Lux. Pkg., Blk Cherry
114 Posts
Switched to a CTS4 from a 2006 Audi A6. I thought the Audi was a pretty nice car, especially the interior. However, as I mentioned earlier, the CTS handles better, rides better, is quieter, has a silkier engine, and is faster...what else can you ask for?

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Didn't switch from any of the cars listed but was Thhhaaattttt close to buying a loaded Lexus ES350. Somehow when i think of the CTS, i think of the phrase "Something wicked this way comes......."

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI/FE2 Blue Chip/Cashmere
332 Posts
I am coming out of a BMW X3. I seriously considered the Lexus IS250 (nice lease deals but too small) and the Benz C 300 (still no good lease deals because it's too new and the interior is crappy). I too am happy that the American car came out on top!

·
Registered
CTS, DI, FE3
281 Posts
I came from Ford lol. Its way faster, better looking, smoother, quiter, handles better, gets better gas mileage, better build quality, better transmission than my F-150 lol. Big surprise. Hmmmmm, i just miss the tow rating.
But i almost got a BMW. I got the Caddy instead cus Caddy is American and it was different plus its on par with the BMW and thats saying something.

·
Registered
Cadillac
336 Posts
I am 36 and currently have a BMW 745i and am going to sell my German steel for the 08 CTS DI. The industry awards, test drive and look of this vehicle has won me over BIGTIME. I am exactly in the demographic crosshair of what Cadillac's management is trying to achieve with this vehicle. This car will clearly help Cadillac rebrand the company as a car of today...the technology and body lines speak for themselves!

All I have to say is "it's about time!"

:)

·
Registered
Cadillac
39 Posts
Coming from a BMWS 740 the CTS is on par with that car. I love the BMW and I love the CTS. The only sad thing is the while the BMW has a much, much bigger interior than the CTS, they weigh the same.... BMW is going up for sale all the same. Just don't need two lux. cars.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Coming from a BMWS 740 the CTS is on par with that car. I love the BMW and I love the CTS. The only sad thing is the while the BMW has a much, much bigger interior than the CTS, they weigh the same.... BMW is going up for sale all the same. Just don't need two lux. cars.
I doubt that. The CTS is very heavy but so was the Bimmer.
Typically over 4200 pounds?
I would give the CTS a 400 pound advantage......... But I will grant the 740 is a much larger car.

·
Registered
Cadillac
336 Posts
The BMW 745i (current spec) was released in 2002 and the interior and exterior hasnt really changed and the technology is very dated and so is the look IMO. Bigger, sure but you can still seat 4 easily in the CTS and the truck size doesnt suck :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
39 Posts
I doubt that. The CTS is very heavy but so was the Bimmer.
Typically over 4200 pounds?
I would give the CTS a 400 pound advantage......... But I will grant the 740 is a much larger car.
740: 4200 lbs. CTS4: 41xx lbs. Pretty close in my book. 2WD CTS would probably give you the 400 lb advantage. Should have specified the 4WD earlier.

·
Registered
CTS 08
2 Posts
I picked up my 08 CTS two days ago. I previously drove a Lexus RX300 and RX330. So far, I am very impressed with the CTS. I had ordered it on 12/14/08, fully loaded, and it came in on 2/12/08. I waited to pick it up, so that my sales person got full credit for the delivery (he was on vacation). The dealer said that while it was sitting on the lot, they had 59 different offers to buy the car. Oh well.
The only difference between dealing with GM vs. Lexus is in the area of service. Lexus was outstanding on service, and if any service was going to last more than 4 hours, a loaner was provided at no charge. We'll see how the service goes on this car, and I'll let you know my on-going driving experience with my CTS (if my wife ever lets me drive it).
GM has hit a home run with this car.:yup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have my father to thank for the switch. I was in a 2002 Audi S4 and loved it. Great handling, mega torque out of the bi-turbo and great looks. My father was in town and he was looking to buy a new car, so we headed down to the local Cadi dealer to try the new CTS. Long story short, when I got back into the Audi, it looked and felt dated. I miss the torque of the 2.7T, but the CTS is a technical tour-de-force with the HDD entertainment system, heated/cooled seats, rainsense wipers, etc., etc. Also, it took a little time to grow into a larger car, but the handling is on par with the Audi. No slop in the steering or suspension, able to absorb abuse without losing composure - very confident vehicle on the road. As FozzyBear said, GM has definitely hit a home run with this car. I can't wait for the CTS-V, the coupe and whatever's next!

·
Registered
08 White diamond cts DI RWD with 18"/ performance pkg
104 Posts
I left lexus i was on my second car with them the last one was the 07 GS350, i was content with the lexus but it was lacking power and the body reminded me of a nissan maxima, i didnt like that. Well i was looking to get into a bimmer but after having a lexus and sitting into a bimmer its like going back 20 yrs as far as modern technology goes. Granted the bimmers handle a hell of a lot better than lexus, but when your sitting inthe car you want that wow factor especially if you have spent 40k and up. I was holding out fot he lexus ISF which is a beast! I went to the lexus release party here in vegas and that car is a monster!!!!!! My friend had just bought a new escalade and he told me to go down there and look at the new cts. I was like nahhh, i pulled it up online and it was ok, but when he finally got me down there (at night) they had one about to go on a test drive all lit up and i fell in love, then after i drove it i knew at that moment that lexus had lost me, 3 mos later i was in my own cts, im happy, i love everything about it and i havent looked back yet!

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
438 Posts
Well i was looking to get into a bimmer but after having a lexus and sitting into a bimmer its like going back 20 yrs as far as modern technology goes. Granted the bimmers handle a hell of a lot better than lexus, but when your sitting inthe car you want that wow factor especially if you have spent 40k and up.
Yeah, even when I bought my '01 530i, there were elements of the interior that seemed like they were designed 10 years prior (e.g. the steering wheel). Once BMW thinks they've done something right, they're loathe to change, even when faced with customer complaints (cupholders, iDrive, etc.).

1 - 20 of 93 Posts