Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Dallas (aka "1MEANV") put in a larger crank pulley to drive his maggie faster. Unfortunately, his diff didn't like it. :rolleyes:

I've heard that lots of guys on the ls1tech forum install a smaller crank pulley in their F bodies and GTOs. This slightly underdrives the accessories, and they gain a little HP. I have not personally done this, but having pinned my crank pulley during the maggie install, I'm sure you have to pull the rad and maybe the front fascia to get a puller on that rascal and yank it off. Seems like a lot of effort for, what, maybe 5 hp?

·
Banned
Cadillac
109 Posts
I've done a few. The radiator comes out, that's all. Is it worth the the 5-6 rwhp, no. If your doing a cam and the the stock balancer is coming off, then yes. It's the cheapest 5-6 rwhp you can buy next to N2O.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
From what I read, it didn't seem like it was worth it, but...

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
Luna, you probably misread his post (as I did the first time). He doesn't have a maggie.

I had an ASP underdrive pulley installed with my cam swap. It functions exactly as Randy says and just as ryne said it's only worth it if you're doing a cam swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts