Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They make a point but kinda stereotype every person that likes a customized car.

just saw a new one today where everyone in a customized nice car turns left, while the vw passat turns right and the vw's driver states that the world has gone mad.

Pretty annoying commercials.

what do u all think?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ya i saw the one with all the Benzes lined up. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Not every1 with a Benz has an ego. Hell if u had the VW phaetom (spelling?) u prob would have an ego driving an expensive car. So to me its just BS.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems like they are going to turn more people off then on to those commercials. I have not read one good thing about them on any forums. Guess the hippies will like it?

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blingblingcv said:
Ya i saw the one with all the Benzes lined up. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Not every1 with a Benz has an ego. Hell if u had the VW phaetom (spelling?) u prob would have an ego driving an expensive car. So to me its just BS.
Yeah and eventually the vw owners are gonna get something flashy in life. These commercials are just another reason for me not to buy a vw, if I ever wanted one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ok, this may sound vain BUT...how in the hell can the people with VW hate on an Escalade. I mean, cmon...lets be realistic. That would be like a Mustang trying to hate on a Vette.

Give me a break.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
2007EXT4ME said:
Ok, this may sound vain BUT...how in the hell can the people with VW hate on an Escalade. I mean, cmon...lets be realistic. That would be like a Mustang trying to hate on a Vette.

Give me a break.

They're jealous that it's better, and envious that they can't afford it.

That's what I think anyways.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I saw several. I too think they are dumb. I don't like (and MOST people don't like) Negitive commercials. THAT has long ago been proven. A negitive commercial evokes a negitive responce.
The last 3 cars that I'd ever purchasde are Mewrcedes-BMW & VW so, I automaticaly am oblivious to their ads 95% of the time.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
i pretty much hate 99 percent of atuo commercials nowadays, most truck commercials are the exception

the commercials where it shows everything but the car, ghey
commercials where it shows only a glimpse of the car, dumb

commercials should advertise the car, if its a sports car, show it on a track or somewhere being sporty, suv's show em SUV'in, luxury cars being luxurious etc etc

and by all means, do not show them not being driven, like the ford focus where its beggin to be driven

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
I'll never ever understand the appeal of these VW's... outrageously overpriced underwhelming cars.....

Those commercials are the most idiotic thing yet.... like somehow driving a bland, vanilla econobox at a luxu-euro price is "good", somehow......

My ex-girlfriend was definitely drinking the Kool-Aid on VW's.... the dealer ripped her off repeatedly & shamelessly, despite her purchase of an outrageously overpriced "extended warranty", which apparently covered nothing....

The goofy thing practically explodes, with 20k on the clock, she takes it into the dealer, it's 2 years old, still under factory warranty, AND the warranty contract she bought.... they try to tell her it's been abused, and there's no coverage..... amazing, unconsciounable bandits.

And to tell you the truth, if I had to pick one to drive to florida, the Ex's Passat or my Mom's Alero (this hypothetical example assumes the Caddy is missing, somehow), I'd drive the Alero, hands down. It is a nicer car, in many respects, plain and simple. And cost a fraction of what that goofy Passat cost....

Just my humble opinion..... I laugh at their commercials.... and I ponder, with terror, that they actually do appeal to some people, and entice people to unload their wallets..... who are these people?!?!?!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Patrick, what year Passat?

VW, and Audi's quality took a real nose dive in the late '90s.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I drive the model that apparently means my daddy did hug me enough. My wife and I had a good laugh about that. VW is right to play to their strength. Same stuff they pulled in the 60's with the beetle. You can either buy an expensive car or buy a utilitarian transportation machine and use the excess money to buy more utilitarian goods. Pure shitzen.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
VW drives by...

"I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. I'M A SPOILED TEENAGE GIRL WITH A RICH DAD. "

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
Heh heh... Jesda, you rock.

I luv Caddys, I think she had an 02, and that was so much fun she had to get an 05..... it's a disease.

And what's with the seats in those things??? I swear, they were designed by Nazi's who spent their teenage years practicing to sit in the metal seat of a Tiger tank long enough to drive to Moscow..... Man, for the first ten minutes, it's firm. For the second ten minutes, it's too firm. After that, it's like sitting on a piece of spancrete.... what a ridiculously hard seat.

Okay, in the tradition of Jesda....

VW goes by, bullhorn out the window:

BECAUSE I'M A MASOCHIST WITH INFERIORITY ISSUES!!! BECAUSE I'M A MASOCHIST WITH INFERIORITY ISSUES!!! BECAUSE I'M A MASOCHIST WITH INFERIORITY ISSUES!!!

·
Registered
93 STS
78 Posts
Have you seen the new Jetta Report commercials? Where the guy's father in law says "Why don't you go hiking or something?" and the guys goes into a rant that "Not all Jetta drivers like to go hiking!" and then some VW guy comes on (and they zoom out from his chest) and you see him wearing hiking gear. It's pretty funny. I definately didn't like the ego ones though, because i mean, driving a VW is one of the ULTIMATE ego statements. Definately a smug factor there, just like with driving a Prius (I mean...Pious).

·
Registered
93 STS
78 Posts
Oh, its not that we don't find it funny. It's just REALLY hypocritical for VW since EVERYONE I know (nearly) buys a VW because they want to stand out from the crowd. Whether its a GTI or a diesel Jetta.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts