Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Maybe I like driving too much. Maybe I've watched "I, Robot" one too many times. Maybe this reminds me a bit too much of the machines coming to life and wreaking havoc on the human population in "Maximum Overdrive." But I don't like it, sir. Not one little bit.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
It's the wave of the future, but let's hope we do a much better job of public transportation in the U.S. before these self driven vehicles become the norm.

There will be money to be made in providing private club facilities for those who still enjoy and can afford fully driver operated cars. Just like the exclusive horse riding facilities of today.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
Those seats (chairs) look absolutely VERY uncomfortable. Very little arm support, the head support seems to push the head forward. Too much of a gap between the mid/upper back to the head.

KOT

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
As interesting as that autonomous vehicle is, it can be parked right beside the car from recent flying car video. Two vehicles that I (or 99.9% of the rest of the public) wouldn't have any use for.

·
Registered
2012 CTS4 (AWD)
118 Posts
I think Google's autonomous vehicles will come out before any other manufacturers, I also think they'll be very handy for disabled, elderly, sales reps, people that are just bad drivers, etc.

A bad driver with many DUIs and moving violations could be court mandated to ONLY have that type of vehicle. We're still quite far from iRobot or even Demolition Man but I think there's room and a need, for autonomous vehicles.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I agree that autonomous vehicles would be a benefit for certain people with disabilities, the elderly, etc..
My comment was directed at the MB vehicle in the video. Another luxury toy (like the plane car) for the very wealthy.
The d-bag DUI'ers can walk for all I care.

·
Registered
2011 DTS super traveller
126 Posts
so, it's been quite some time since I logged on and read some Cad life posts, and unfortunately my phone couldn't play the video, but from the sounds of it, this might be a pretty good car for my wife? :)

·
Registered
2011 DTS super traveller
126 Posts
Okay, I finally checked out the video, and while it isn't my cup of tea, a number of my friends with adult children have commented their children just don't have an interest in driving. Different generation I guess. As for my wife, she's also staying old school!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts