Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these Tires? They look so good, the tread pattern is oh so sexy. Anyone have them or had them. Looking for some reviews, anyone?

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I have a friend that has a 2002 Subie WRX and he runs these tires and absolutely loves them on dry pavement, wet pavement, and gravel. If I had my stock 18s I would most likely be running these tires.

·
Registered
07 CTS-V Maggied
1,066 Posts
I have a friend that has a 2002 Subie WRX and he runs these tires and absolutely loves them on dry pavement, wet pavement, and gravel. If I had my stock 18s I would most likely be running these tires.
They dont make them for our ccw's?

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
I don't know about them "looking sexy", but they are certainly an appealing tire to me too. They sound pretty awesome in terms of their dry and wet grip. That C/D article about them fires me up a bit. A friend had Kumho XS's on his 'vette and they were disgustingly grippy. The idea of getting that kind of grip on the V is compelling.

I have heard they can be noisy, my KDW's are sort of annoying, so maybe that's no good. I also wonder what "good" rain performance means for an autocross tire. Is that good like a good ultra-summer tire? Or good like compared to slicks?

The upcoming Pilot Super Sport is also intriguing, though I suspect they will be quite a bit pricier than the Dunlops.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS-V Maggied
1,066 Posts
Who buys tires by the way they look?
Put an ugly ass tire on your car, then come back and tell me that you are gonna shop for tires by look and performance. Not just performance

tweeter....... That sucks : /

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I'm not gonna lie. I definitely look at the tread pattern as part of my three-pronged way of choosing tires. They have to have very high performance, cool tread design, and be reasonably priced. I don't care how long they last...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
My brother had them on his 9-2X Aero. Performed well for awhile but got ungodly loud halfway through their treadlife. He's swapping to Hankook Evo''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s now...

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
Put an ugly ass tire on your car, then come back and tell me that you are gonna shop for tires by look and performance. Not just performance

tweeter....... That sucks : /
Sure..maybe as the last criteria ...but this thread only based the tire choice on looking sexy. I don’t like the look of Blizzaks but they perform their purposes for snow, dry performance in cold.

Star Specs are in the "new" Extreme category of tires above Max performance along with tires like the Falken Azenis Sports RT615/K that I've used as my summer setup and on the track with my Audi A4. Tires like these generally do not last very long but they give you a compromise of not having to spend the money on another set of wheels with Rcomp tires that will have more grip ...like a Toyo RA1/R888.

·
Registered
Silver 04V Kooks,Corsa,UUC S.Shifter/Bushings, Badass Driver
171 Posts
My Dunlaps were crap, especially run flats. No traction and hard as rocks. I have a set of Nitto's that are 10x better.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
My Dunlaps were crap, especially run flats. No traction and hard as rocks. I have a set of Nitto's that are 10x better.
Is this just a generic comment about a random set of Dunlops? They don't make a runflat version of the Star Spec...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts