Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Tire Rack is running a special on the 255-45ZR18's in non-EMT trim for just $152. I was going to get another set of Azenis RT615's which is what I'm running today but at the price of the F1's I may go for those.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
When I replaced my EMT supercars with EMT GS-D3s I did not consider the F1 Supercar non-EMTs because I assumed that the non-EMT Supercar would not have the crisp turn-in without the EMT sidewall, but would still suffer from the short tread life and the tendency to hydroplane that the EMT F1 Supercar has become known for. On the other hand, at $152 a tire it might be worth trying. The EMT Supercars do have great lateral grip, in my opinion.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Oh come on!!! I was counting on you.

I'm running at Grattan next month with the PCA guys and may give these a try.
I don't know if you want to try new tires at Grattan. You'll want to know very well how your car performs before going there...

I don't know the stiffness of the non-EFT sidewall. And you'll want strong sidewalls, especially at Grattan. Heck, running Grattan has convinced me to go to 275 Hoosiers in the rear...

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if you want to try new tires at Grattan. You'll want to know very well how your car performs before going there...

I don't know the stiffness of the non-EFT sidewall. And you'll want strong sidewalls, especially at Grattan. Heck, running Grattan has convinced me to go to 275 Hoosiers in the rear...
Good point, I've gone there each of the past 3 years on different tires:

1st Stock F1 EMT's - Unbelievable grip, 1.29g! Tires were completely shot after the weekend

2nd S-03 Pole Positions - Not as sticky as the F1's by a significant margin but could still use the tires after the event. These got unbelievably loud (road noise) as they reached the end of their life. So loud in fact that it was impossible to use my OnStar phone because there was too much cabin noise to dial (and I've got a Corsa exhaust and a maggie which were drowned out by the tires!)

3rd Azenis RT-615 - Rained that year so I was really really glad I wasn't on the F1's (they were terrible on normal roads when wet) but couldn't get a good impression of how they really worked. I'm still running these but they just hit the wear bars so I'm thinking I should replace them. I may go with another set of these since I really like them for normal road driving ( they seem nearly as sticky as the F1's with better wet manners and longer life...not to mention half the price when compared with the EMT's)

I'll probably get some new ones this week so I'll have a good month of driving time on them before going to the track so I won't be completely new to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts