Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 200k on our '05, went to get in the vehicle this morning, noticed a couple small puddles of anti freeze front left corner near tire on garage floor about the size of quarters. I popped the hood looked at the oil cooler lines going into radiator and low and behold where the upper oil cooler line goes into the radiator, the flange is leaking at the radiator side.

I don't recall many radiator threads here going bad. Some of you will remember late 2014, I replaced all radiator/cooling hoses. What a bummer, oh well I will get one on order, keep topping off the coolant, until I get the new one in.

What the real drag is my wifes daily is sitting in garage waiting on a special order upper radiator hose which which blew out on Saturday afternoon. It only has 52k on the clock!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Bummer man
I have over 200k miles on my 03 and so far I haven't had the radiator spring a leak(knock on wood) though I expect it to happen at some point

I do know the thermostat is bad(stuck open) and the heat takes 15-20 mins to work fully

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Yeah mine went out just over 200k on the way back from the river, i was towing and it was about 105 degrees out, just minor dripping, i still was able to complete the remaining 2 hours to get home

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
wesyder said:
Yeah mine went out just over 200k on the way back from the river, i was towing and it was about 105 degrees out, just minor dripping, i still was able to complete the remaining 2 hours to get home
What's the cost to replace one??
I am planning on getting a 2015 once they work the bugs out so I want to make this one last long enough to not need to worry about breaking down

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
I wanna say just over $200 or so for the radiator and I installed it myself

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Make sure the radiator is correct before you uninstall it. I almost made the mistake on a ford van they sent me a 2 core it was way too small and I would of had trouble in the summer driving with it in traffic

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some sound advise there!

I always try to make sure replacement parts are correct before jumping in and dismantling. Its a very good practice!

I did pick up a new radiator today from Advanced Auto. I may install tomorrow as the radiator did not leak in about 24 hours. Oh I paid $231.00 otd with 2 gallons of Dex-Cool.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Thanks for the advice fellas last thing I want to do is get the wrong one and risk possible overheating the engine
I am already risking it with a bad thermostat as it is
I know next oil change the tranny fluid and filter would need changing for sure

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a follow up. I installed the new radiator from Advanced Auto last week. The install went fast and easy.

The new radiator even came with the locking rings for the oil cooler lines. It also has a petcock for draining. It comes with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
jnrsesv said:
Just a follow up. I installed the new radiator from Advanced Auto last week. The install went fast and easy. The new radiator even came with the locking rings for the oil cooler lines. It also has a petcock for draining. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
Nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts