Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds from other threads that the CTS 3.6l exhaust is prety good stock, for performance. But what about the sound? has anyone just replaced the mufflers to get a little better growl out of it?

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
I have talked about it in the past, ther are several stock made pieces that should go int, but i know theer will be some welding involved.

a bit more of a growl? possible, but we are dealing with a dohc v-6 here.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Kael said:
a bit more of a growl? possible, but we are dealing with a dohc v-6 here.
true, but i was absolutely amazed at some of the sounds that come out of my 3.2 with the borla. even after going through the clips of other members exhausts i think this v6 (3.2 or 3.6) is mighty impressive for sound.

i was terrified that my car would sound like a pimped neon with a garbage can for a muffler. luckily, i'm VERY satisfied...both idling and when i nail it...

don't underestimate this little 6 banger...:bouncy:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
suchnsuch said:
It sounds from other threads that the CTS 3.6l exhaust is prety good stock, for performance. But what about the sound? has anyone just replaced the mufflers to get a little better growl out of it?
I did...a long time ago I only had the magnaflow performance exhaust..there is a sound clip on cadillacfaq.com of my 3.6 with magnaflow and Volant....that should give you and idea of what it sounds like with just a muffler replacement....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pjohnesq said:
I did...a long time ago I only had the magnaflow performance exhaust..there is a sound clip on cadillacfaq.com of my 3.6 with magnaflow and Volant....that should give you and idea of what it sounds like with just a muffler replacement....
Thanks, I dont have audio on this computer, but I'll check it out when I get home tonight. How much were the magnaflow's? Do you have part #'s?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts