Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, my sob story. Memorial Day rain in Houston put my '13 Premium FWD SERIOUSLY in the drink = Total loss insurance claim. I'd attach pics, but the file size is too big. Water was up to the gear shift skirt and covered the seat pans of both front & back seats. :-(

I believe the settlement claim is low (no duh, you say).

They've given me the appraisal, which includes only one actual sale and three "listings", each of which have significant "adjustments".

Has anyone recently purchased a '13 Premium in the 20k mi range and would be willing to disclose pricing, perhaps via Private Message?

My 2013 SRX:
Premium, FWD
Driver Awareness (not Assist)
Spare tire kit
21,000 mi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2013 SRX Performance
94 Posts
We purchased a 2013 Premium with 15K and all the bells and whistles for $38k inFebruary 2015. Perfect condition. Capt. George

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
You could find the approximate value by checking NADA, KBB, Edmounds.com,etc. One of the factors is your zip code.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They've explicitly stated that they will NOT recognize any of the common consumer web pricing resources (KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc.)

Apparently, they rely on a database tied to some J D Powers info. Supposedly, it's based on "actual sales", yet 3 of my 4 comps are active listings!

Premiums with low mileage are hard to come by, at least in the Houston area. I've found one at the dealer I bought my flooded unit from, when it was new. I even offered my settlement amount to them for that car. The salesman just chuckled and said "Well, that and another $4k or so and you can drive this one away."

I'm just trying to build a case to present in my appeal. It will be more compelling if it's based on more than one car.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
Wow. What's your insurance company? If they don't accept for sale listings of actual cars, then what would they accept?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They've provided comps of active listings, but they're far enough away from my car, either in options or miles or both, that the comps they've chosen have adjustments.

I'm looking to replace the "active listings" with real sales figures that might not be in their database, hence my post to this forum.

It's completely understandable that they want to minimize their losses. I'd do the exact same thing if I were in their shoes.

In any negotiation, knowledge is usually power. I'm trying to gain knowledge that I don't believe I can get any other way.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
All good now. After appeal and a brand new valuation report, they came up a little over $5k on the settlement offer.

Not surprising. You have to remember that the insurance company is your friend only when you're paying them. All bets are off when the cash flows the other way. :rant2::rant2::rant2:

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I had a boat destroyed from a hurricane. When they told me what I would get, I said it was not enough. A few days later they added about 20% to the value. In my opinion, you should always contest an insurance settlement. They will always start low and a lot of people accept that offer.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
That's great. Have you decided on what you'll do with that wad of cash? Is Cadillac going to receive your patronage?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No replacement Caddy, at least not for the moment.

I was a back-to-back SRX owner. Had a '12 Prem. that I wrecked about 18 mos after I got it, then the '13 Prem. that just got flooded.

Before that I had a pickup.

During the 3 years in the SRXs, there were enough times that I missed having open cargo area that I decided to go back to a pickup. (And before you even ask, a '13 EXT won't fit in the garage.)

So, now the question is whether I can adjust to the features of a lesser vehicle, or whether Caddy luxury "jonesing" will eclipse my desire for a more utilitarian vehicle.

I've already had to make some significant behavior adjustments, like physically pressing the lock button on the key fob (which is attached to an actual key that has to be actually inserted into an actual ignition keyhole - old school style). And it's now summer in Houston. OnStar Remote Start w/ ventilated front seats was very nice...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts