Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts-v 2005 escalade
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all the local tracks are cracking down on the 11.50 rule and roll cages

it sucks having a mid second car that you cant race..

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I will not be ruining my V with a roll cage anytime soon.

I may have some c5z06 rims with 305/35/18 Mickies for sale.

·
Registered
05 sedan , 11 Wagon
265 Posts
My 05 my be headed to the Silver State Classic.... unless I can talk the wife into letting me take the wagon....... I would be interested in this subject also....

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Here's the only one I've seen, but you may not like punching holes through your dash.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
That is hideous.

At a minimum, they should fabricate some sort of cover piece for the where the roll bar enters the dash.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
My 05 my be headed to the Silver State Classic.... unless I can talk the wife into letting me take the wagon....... I would be interested in this subject also....
What class? You "may" be able to get teched up to 168 w/o one. The structural integrity of these cars is better than most. It is rated tops, GOOD, in roll-over by the IHTS (or something). Most rules allow a roll bar OR car design; like the Corvettes get. PLUS, submit pictures of the 2009 CTS-V that the guy rolled at Road America last May, and they can see how safe it is in real life. He and his passenger, only had minor injuries supposedly. Lastly, all you need is a 5-point to tech at 140 in that race, right?

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
That is hideous.

At a minimum, they should fabricate some sort of cover piece for the where the roll bar enters the dash.
Meh... I don't think the GM engineers cared about appearance on these mules during testing in early '08.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts