Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has pulled the trigger on a 2016 CTS-V. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. Just hope I don't regret not waiting longer for fear that I'm either paying a big premium as an early adopter or that there will be a bunch of bugs in the first year that make the car a disaapointment. Did get a small discount off the sticker price, though, so maybe that'll help compensate for being an early adopter.

·
Registered
NONE
30 Posts
I was unaware that dealers were in a position to take an order at this time. Not to be overly dense, but were you able to spec it out exactly as you want, get an msrp, netotiate a price and get an eta?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
I have an order in with my local dealer, order #6AJ69. No pricing yet, but have it optioned the way I want.

·
Registered
CTS-V
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ericn
Yes, I was able to spec it out as I desired. I've got an order number but every time I try to check it on GMConnects, I get forwarded to a Foot Locker site. I'm not sure what's going on there. Dealer told me today that he thinks they're going to start building 2016 CTS-V's this week. He's supposed to let me know if my order will be in the first group built.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I have an order in with my local dealer, order #6AJ69. No pricing yet, but have it optioned the way I want.
that is not an order #..... it is the model # for the CTS-V....you should call your dealer and get the real order # they are 6 characters in length mostly Letters sometimes with mumbers in it ...for example AAAAAA or AAAAA1 or AAAA1A...

what you have is one of the following model numbers:

6AF69 = Base
6AH69 = Luxury
6AK69 = Performance
6AL69 = Premium including V-Sport models
6AJ69 = V

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thanks, it is nice. Very comfy. But it's my wife's ride, so I only get to drive it every once in a while.
totally get it ..... butter up the wifey with a super nice rig thus clearing the path for your V...nice move my friend:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
Finally got a real order number from my salesman: SPGVP3

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
Place order about a week ago and got my order number yesterday. I was told that the car is to go into production next month and I will be updated when such occurs. Anyone's guess as to when these cars will start being produced. On a side note wonder if it's going to be like the 2009 I ordered where the car was built, but was held on a lot in Lansing for inspection after inspection for about a month? Not complaining as it was worth the wait, however unlike last time I would like the ride before December.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
plant startup date is mid July...figure on 6 to 8 weeks for delivery if all goes well.....and yes there is a very real possibility for it to be placed on quality inspection hold, which both sucks and is awesome........sucks because it's like car purgatory can delay for a month or longer.......awesome because it's nice to know they are being picky about build quality....the earlier the build the more likely this is going to happen

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
plant startup date is mid July...figure on 6 to 8 weeks for delivery if all goes well.....and yes there is a very real possibility for it to be placed on quality inspection hold, which both sucks and is awesome........sucks because it's like car purgatory can delay for a month or longer.......awesome because it's nice to know they are being picky about build quality....the earlier the build the more likely this is going to happen
Sounds about right as I was told by the dealer that the car may not come in until about September.

----------

Back in 2008/2009 there was a member on here who worked at the Lansing plant and could see our cars being built and would go into the system and give us build status updates. I don't think he follows this forum any more. However I was lucky to stumble across the GM Inside News forum and there is a person on there who can track our orders My order is currently at 3000 without a build week listed.

Drop Linton23 a note and hopefully he/she will give you an update on your order (most likely @ 3000).

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f.../index202.html

GM Build Event Codes:

• 500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.
• 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)
• 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)
• 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)
• 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)
• 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)
• 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)
• 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)
• 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build) TPW usually avaiable
• 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)
• 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)
• 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)
• 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)
• 4200, Shipped (Vehicle has been moved by a carrier to another location or destination. If in combination with a 4300 status code then this is transfer to either a vendor for upfitting or to a distribution yard for final transportation.)
• 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor or to a distribution center.)
• 4B00, Bayed (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation. It can also be this status while in Quality Control)
• 4800 Rail Ramp Unload, end of the line by (if) rail. To be delivered by truck to dealer
• 5000, Delivered to the dealer
• 6000, Delivered to the customer
• 9000, Order Cancelled

·
Registered
CTS-V
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Someone asked what I ordered on my car. Here it is.
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
8-Speed Automatic Transmission
6.2L Supercharged V8 Engine
Crystal White Tricoat Exterior Paint
Jet Black with Jet Black Accents Recaro Performance Seats
Ultraview Power Sunroof
Carbon Fiber Package
Red Brembo Brake Calipers
19" Polished Finish Wheels with Midnight Silver Painted Accents
Performance Data & Video Recorder
Luxury Package

1 - 20 of 153 Posts