Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic of a V with the Eibach kit. I'm just looking to give the car a meaner stance. Also are there any quirks or probs with alignment or rubbing etc..

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Here's the deal with lowering the V:

Shocks:
The rear has load-leveling shocks... so throwing in lower springs wont lower the rear at all! The shocks raise the car back up. Solutions...
(1) Install regular CTS rear shocks... these are under-valved for the V and will hurt handling.

(2) A very wise and brilliant man on this forum... named WildWhl... has a simple solution using rubber spacers which fools the rear shocks... Search "WW" and "Nivomat" for info on this.

(3) QA1 makes (non-load-leveling) adjustable shocks for the V.

Once your rear shocks are taken car of...

Springs:
(1) The wise and brilliant man...WildWhl also has a solution which drops the front spring perch and you cut your stock rear springs (just a little)... and viola! The car is lowered.

(2) Eibach... some people are happy with them, some are not. The drop is pretty agressive... the spring rates are lower than the stock V springs... the jury is out on if they help or hurt handling... for just 'looks' they do work. No reports of quirks or alignment problems... some have reported rubbing in the front...

(3) H&R... For over a year these guys have been telling us "6 more weeks"... I think the latest release date is End-of-Jan (?)... on paper they look good... perfect amount of drop... stiffer than stock V springs...

(4) Ground-control coil-over kit... soon to be released... should be the ultimate "handling" solution... might be overkill if one is just going for "looks". With this kit, you dont have to worry about the rear shocks, GC will include a solution.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60824

(5) Contact LPE or Mallett if you have $3000-4000 for their solutions.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I thought the GC kit would cover a full suspension drop - meaning - the kit has everything included in it (springs, shock foolers etc) to drop your V. Am I mistaking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts