Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been bothering me for a while now. i know junkyards mark their parts so i was thinking they got it from the junkyard. and if so why? anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I'm thinking that g was meant to be a q and someone labeled that the engine takes 8 quarts of oil and not 5. I'm not sure what the 1/2 is all about.

And actually 8 quarts is overfull but that's still my guess since it's next to the oil fill cap. I don't think a junkyard would write there.

Or is it a puzzle saying 1/2 of 8g + 5 ? LOL

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking that g was meant to be a q and someone labeled that the engine takes 8 quarts of oil and not 5. I'm not sure what the 1/2 is all about.

And actually 8 quarts is overfull but that's still my guess since it's next to the oil fill cap. I don't think a junkyard would write there.

Or is it a puzzle saying 1/2 of 8g + 5 ? LOL
yeah i didnt even think of that. under my oil cap it looks like they spilt oil and it burnt the paint off

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,492 Posts
Do you do your own oil/filter changes or take it to a local "Speedy Engine Destruction Oil, Lube, and Filter Shop" ?

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Someone in a repair shop wrote that ,I used to do the same thing on cars i repaired as a service tech so if it came back i knew im the one that did the repair..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,113 Posts
I'd be pissed if you painted that on my engine. ESPECIALLY since it was wrong.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you do your own oil/filter changes or take it to a local "Speedy Engine Destruction Oil, Lube, and Filter Shop" ?
i do mine been doing it since i got the car
I'd be pissed if you painted that on my engine. ESPECIALLY since it was wrong.
me too i know when i got the car i would always get the low oil pressor turn off car on my dash let e friend see it and he said to put 10w-40 since it gets really hot here been doing that since

1 - 9 of 9 Posts