Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I cant say for sure, but it looks like a cosmetic thing.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
You can't rice out an american car.
You can't? The owner of the car in the picture's certainly working on it. The guys with the Summit catalogs and their 'Spectre' hose braid add-ons have been doing it for 20 years. Think it's called Uncle Ben's :D

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was admiring it so i dont think its all tht rice, it looked too garbeled.....but a nice idea. I want to dress up my engine

S

·
0 Posts
Actually, I cannot say this is what these blue hoses are, but its quite a common new upgrade on high performance cars here in Japan. You get rid of all the old squishy rubber and replace it all with this new and stronger tubing and hoses. It may just be crap though. I'm not in the USA so I don't know if upgrading to high performance silicone hoses is common.

·
Registered
655 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
um yeah, that car has a blower, not a turbo. if it's blown, it can't be called rice. Besides it wouldn't make sence. A riced out car that comes from america? no i think not.
How do you know that car's got a blower? The scoop? Know anything about Cavaliers? I see a big front-to-rear bug-catcher on a car with a little transverse four.

Common definition of rice is a tacky add-on intended to make a car look like it's faster, and while the term originated with teenagers and Hondas there's certainly no requirement that the vehicle involved be Japanese.

Historically, if you go back to the '60s and '70s, slapper bars and long spring shackles and chrome junk steel Cragar wheels where the moral equivalent of modern-day rice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rice or not, Ugly. Looks like some blue noodle interconnecting toys my boys used to have when they were toddlers.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I saw a bonneville (96 maybe) that had the iridesent paint job and spinners..... All that had to be worth more than thrice as much as the car itself is worth......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts