Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was reading the DTCs out of my 2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS and one of the codes was in the MSM group and read B1227. It indicated History. I looked up the list of DTCs elsewhere on this web site, but B1227 was not one of the codes listed. I also checked my CD-based FSM and it did not find anything associated with this DTC. Can any of you who have more up-to-date information tell me the meaning of this code?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2004 Deville
41 Posts
B1227, Fuel Temperature Sensor #2 Circuit Open. B1228, Fuel Temperature Sensor #2 Circuit Short to Battery. B1229, Fuel Temperature Sensor #2 Circuit ...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't B1327?

No fuel temp sensors in these cars, certainly not in the memory seat module.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
Guys,

I was reading the DTCs out of my 2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS and one of the codes was in the MSM group and read B1227. It indicated History. I looked up the list of DTCs elsewhere on this web site, but B1227 was not one of the codes listed. I also checked my CD-based FSM and it did not find anything associated with this DTC. Can any of you who have more up-to-date information tell me the meaning of this code?

Thanks,

Bob
=========================
this is the best DTC definitions list -
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html#bod

MSM is the Memory Seat Module -
and there is no B1227 code for Cadillacs -
you probably copied it down wrong -
they flash by pretty fast -

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bass,

You are probably right. It's unlikely that the car has a code without a definition anywhere.

I tried to pull the codes again today to verify this, but unfortunately I had cleared the codes after reading them out yesterday, and there are now no MSM codes. I guess I'll have to wait until next time something shows up.

Bob

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
Bass,

You are probably right. It's unlikely that the car has a code without a definition anywhere.

I tried to pull the codes again today to verify this, but unfortunately I had cleared the codes after reading them out yesterday, and there are now no MSM codes. I guess I'll have to wait until next time something shows up.

Bob
============================
well - since it was a history code -
whatever tripped it was probably a glitch -

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts