Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a terrible rattle in the back of the roof liner. during certain bass notes as well as certain RPM ranges, theres an obvious rattle in that area. ive taken it to a few dealers more times than i can count for this reason. theyve managed to fix a portion of it but its always returned. i think i will remove it all and decently put it back with alot of sound deadening material in between the rattle prone areas. anyone know how this thing comes off?
thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
I'm not sure.....but you'd better be careful, or it could end up like this from frustration.....

:yup:

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Someone posted how they changed theirs because they didn't like the color (they switched to higher quality material also). He did that sort of thing professionally and said it wasn't an easy DIY job. You could do a search but I don't recall it having any tips or how to pics.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone posted how they changed theirs because they didn't like the color (they switched to higher quality material also). He did that sort of thing professionally and said it wasn't an easy DIY job. You could do a search but I don't recall it having any tips or how to pics.
i remember that thread too....maybe that guy can chime in and help out...

·
Registered
Raven Black ATS 2.0T/ auto
139 Posts
It was nyinstaller. I pm'd him regarding headliner r&r since the dealer was giving me the run around about fixing my drooping HL. The rear seat, grab handles and all plastics and pillar trims need to come out. Sounds like a 5-6 hour job start to finish. Luckily, it only took 4 trips to my SD(the first two they were in denial of my problem) a visit with a zone rep and then an almost two week stay in their body shop to pull the HL and fix the problem. They said the back window had to be removed to get the HL in/out without damaging it. nyinstaller just bowed it and pulled it out the back door. GOOD LUCK.
Also, the cam solenoids you posted about should be pretty easy, I've had the "no boost" a couple of times before my last oil change. No codes, so, SD couldn't find anything. I have not had a repeat of this problem since the oil was changed but I'm waiting to see what happens. From what I have read, GM has replaced a few of these on 4 & 6 cylr's

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
I gather you're quite sure the rattle is in the headliner and not in the speaker shelf behind he back seat? That's where mine is, and it's on the list for an upcoming service visit. A known issue, I believe. Anyway, that's all I have to add.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gather you're quite sure the rattle is in the headliner and not in the speaker shelf behind he back seat? That's where mine is, and it's on the list for an upcoming service visit. A known issue, I believe. Anyway, that's all I have to add.
No I'm sure. I used I have a rattle there too. They fixed that long ago. Now it's def the roof liner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts