Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that don't know what im talking about, I want to know how much it would cost me to get the hydrolics installed that raises and lowers my trunk. Often found on slabs, its a TX thing.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
i all really depends....r u installin it ur self, or is sum one doin it for u.....
there are 3 types of pumps: there are the basic linear actuators, which a pump with a motor(cheapest but loud n slow); hydro pumps(pricey, quite, fast, messy), which i wouldnt really get, u would need to keep replacin the oil n whut if one of the lines busted, u would have oil all over ur trunk; then there r air pumps(pricey, quite, fast) which run by air, like an air suspension system......then there r the pump sizes, do u need 6 inch, 12 inch whutever....were r they goin, on the actual trunk(big pumps) or on the trunk arms(little pumps)
if u dont kno whut u r doin i would just take it to a shop, u live in texas so most shops should kno whut ur talkin bout

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i all really depends....r u installin it ur self, or is sum one doin it for u.....
there are 3 types of pumps: there are the basic linear actuators, which a pump with a motor(cheapest but loud n slow); hydro pumps(pricey, quite, fast, messy), which i wouldnt really get, u would need to keep replacin the oil n whut if one of the lines busted, u would have oil all over ur trunk; then there r air pumps(pricey, quite, fast) which run by air, like an air suspension system......then there r the pump sizes, do u need 6 inch, 12 inch whutever....were r they goin, on the actual trunk(big pumps) or on the trunk arms(little pumps)
if u dont kno whut u r doin i would just take it to a shop, u live in texas so most shops should kno whut ur talkin bout
yea, but I live in Dallas not Houston. I rarely see slabs here. But I would go with the cheapest one. its suppost to be slow loud and banging anyway.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
i have to agree air is better puenmatic acutators is what im going for the hard part is weighing how much teh trunk lid wieghs also what you are putting on it and convert it to psi(pound sqaure inch) there is a formula to convert it and guess isnt a option unless you want to eiter pull your trunk off your car or pull a nice hole in it. on the puenmatic acutators i would say double acting which means you air to pull it close and open it as well and your trunks standard popping system needs to activiated first the other type of puenmatic acutators is single acting and the only push the acutators up and not done and you have to rely on the wieght of the trunks lid to pull it down . if you have any other questions let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts