Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just joined the site but i have been reading it on and off for years, this really is the best site on cads online....but now im about to tackle my eldog and turn it into a spaceship so i figured it was time to sign up and put in work...but before i strip my car down and start from the ground up...i was wondering if anyone here would be interested in the body kit that is on my car 1992 etc with a kit of some sort.

i dont know what i would let it go for...but i do know that it would be very cheap....if anyone is intersted let me know...if not thats cool...i just want to be a force on this site:want:

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
I've been looking high and low for a body kit (as long as it isn't that square crappy one). What color is your car? Where are you? Got any pics of it. I could be interested! Either one of these would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking high and low for a body kit (as long as it isn't that square crappy one). What color is your car? Where are you? Got any pics of it. I could be interested! Either one of these would be great!

Thats the exact kit I have on my car. Its pewter by the way. But it will need a repaint just because my car looks like shit now. But all the panels are mint.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts
So when and where can I get them?

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
As I recall they were from Sleepy Valley, a custom fiberglass outfit but they stopped selling them 3 or 4 years ago, their site is down and phone # disconnected, ShadowLvr had it on his Eldo and it looked good but he also had Eibach springs w 1.5/1.5" drop (like me) and Mille Miglia wheels.

If you want a body kit, I'd just build one yourself, it's not that hard, get some foam (expensive hobby stuff or cheap green fake plant pot stuff), go to an aircraft or boating supply store and buy multiple types of mesh cloth, resin, resin impregnated with fiberglass (helps fix irregularly shaped spots where cloth will bind) and body filler. There are quite a few sites out here on the internet you can find with good writeups on how to build your own body kit for your car, I'll be working on one for my 98 Eldo this winter and will keep everyone apprised.

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I recall they were from Sleepy Valley, a custom fiberglass outfit but they stopped selling them 3 or 4 years ago, their site is down and phone # disconnected, ShadowLvr had it on his Eldo and it looked good but he also had Eibach springs w 1.5/1.5" drop (like me) and Mille Miglia wheels.

If you want a body kit, I'd just build one yourself, it's not that hard, get some foam (expensive hobby stuff or cheap green fake plant pot stuff), go to an aircraft or boating supply store and buy multiple types of mesh cloth, resin, resin impregnated with fiberglass (helps fix irregularly shaped spots where cloth will bind) and body filler. There are quite a few sites out here on the internet you can find with good writeups on how to build your own body kit for your car, I'll be working on one for my 98 Eldo this winter and will keep everyone apprised.
All the time $$$ and effort it would take to built a decent symmetrical kit would just be crazy...I would never take that task on when its just easier to snag one thats already made.

If you want my kits just tell me when you paying and how you want it shipped...I'm in Austin Texas I will get some pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about that I was just going to pm him a price because I didn't think anyone else was interested in it. I guess 140+ shipping sounds fair to me. It has no chips, cracks or warped parts and I don't think it would be that much to ship.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts
Sorry about that I was just going to pm him a price because I didn't think anyone else was interested in it. I guess 140+ shipping sounds fair to me. It has no chips, cracks or warped parts and I don't think it would be that much to ship.
Sounds fair. Show me the pics! I think I can come down in a week or two and pick them up.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts
Nice car, but I was expecting pics of the ground effects.

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
funny this would show up.
I have got a a company called body by biggs to do up a full skirt and lip for both eldo's
i hope they will be nice i told him something cool buy not rice-ish and something that suites the luxury of the car.
hopefully it will turn out good.

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol...seems like lots of people are just going out and getting kits made...i should mold these and just sell them as prefab kits.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
2,654 Posts
judo chop....:want:

O.K. time to show my ignorance. Are you talking about selling the lower valances pictured on your car because those are not the same as the pictures I posted. My pictures show side skirts that are almost 5 inches at the door and 7-8 inches at the wheelwells. The front lip that I've personnally seen would never have cleared that curb where you parked your car. Thanks anyway but I think I'll pass on this one and let STS2003 have it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok no problem...i didn't know they were that different i just figured my car had a kit and i dont want it...so thats why i put it out there.

·
Registered
92 Eldorado 95 Cadillac SLS 99 Cadillac SLS 2004 SRX
107 Posts
That's no kit that came with the vehicle. My 92 has the same moulding but it's black. That shou7ld be free because at a Man mall it will be about $5 bucks a piece.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.