Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to hear it.

If you do, maybe we could meet up for lunch one day soon.

Send me a PM...

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
GOTTSPD said:
I'd love to hear it.

If you do, maybe we could meet up for lunch one day soon.

Send me a PM...

Thanks,
Michael
Mike Im in columbia. I had all three but rested with the magnaflow!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Re: Anyone in Rockville, MD (or nearby) area have an aftermarket or other custom exhaust?

Corsa here (mclean). It may be time for another NoVA meet before the garage queens go into winter hibernation.

LastSS: do you still have the high-flow cats? the cats made a HUGE difference with the Corsa system that you had. Same story with the magnaflow? Don't you miss the tin can rattle?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re: Anyone in Rockville, MD (or nearby) area have an aftermarket or other custom exhaust?

I'm in Bethesda and I have the Corsa. I'm often in the Rockville area.

Carl

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

I'm right near Columbia also.

Corsa + RT Cats. My car is in the shop right now (Lindsay).

FYI, Corsa + RT Cats + LPE CAI gave me approx 30 RWHP.

Let me know if you'd like to hear it.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
trukk said:
I'm right near Columbia also.

Corsa + RT Cats. My car is in the shop right now (Lindsay).

FYI, Corsa + RT Cats + LPE CAI gave me approx 30 RWHP.

Let me know if you'd like to hear it.

-Chris
Damn loud with the Corsa & RT cats! Of course still not as loud as the B&B.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
lasstss said:
Damn loud with the Corsa & RT cats! Of course still not as loud as the B&B.
My 'loudness assessment, from this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=506199&postcount=67

My loudness list [least to most]: (utterly and completely non scientific/ my opinion only, YMMV, etc.):

@IDLE:
Stock
Corsa
B&B 3" Resonator
(Really Close) Corsa + RT Cats
(Really CLose) B&B 3" X-Pipe
B&B 3" Resonator + Headers
B&B 3" X-Pipe + Headers
B&B 3" Resonator + Headers, no cats
B&B 3" X-Pipe + Headers, no cats

@WOT:
Stock
B&B 3" Resonator
(Really Close) B&B 3" X-Pipe
(Really Close) Corsa
B&B 3" Resonator + Headers
(Really Close) Corsa + RT Cats
(Really Close) B&B 3" X-Pipe + Headers
B&B 3" Resonator + Headers ,no cats
B&B 3" X-Pipe + Headers, no cats <-- Good GAWD

Corsa with Headers would be very loud. Corsa with Headers & no cats, sould be INSANE at WOT.

Moral of the story, Corsa is quite at idle, LOUD at WOT. [I think the straight through Corsa rear mufflers do this.]

Corsa also sounds 'deeper' at WOT. B&B Sounds kinda funky metalic (not bad, just different).

-Chris

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
I'm in Mount Airy and have the Magnaflow. And yes, I bought it before lasssts. I have to admit, he is the exhaust guru.

GT

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
And yes, I bought it before lasssts. I have to admit, he is the exhaust geru.
And hood guru, and mechanical guru, and bushings guru, and billet aluminum doohikie guru.

Aww EFFITT, He's just the V GURU!

:worship: LASSTSS

I think I need to get one of those White Oval Stickers on the back of my car that says 'LASSTSS' [Like all the tacky OBX, etc ones you see).

OK, enuff sucking up to Marty.

-Chris

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts

Fallston, MD with a MagnaFlow....

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
trukk said:
And hood guru, and mechanical guru, and bushings guru, and billet aluminum doohikie guru.

Aww EFFITT, He's just the V GURU!

:worship: LASSTSS

I think I need to get one of those White Oval Stickers on the back of my car that says 'LASSTSS' [Like all the tacky OBX, etc ones you see).

OK, enuff sucking up to Marty.

-Chris

Not really, you guys are just smarter then me. You got everything once. I keep fooling around with the damn thing and cant make up my f&$eking mind.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts

I would agree with Chris' list. Billy Boat 3" w/ X-Pipe, headers and no CAT's is the loudest. It's not unbearable, but damned close. :D

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Let me know if you've got plans to be in Rockville sometime in the coming weeks and maybe we could get together and grab lunch.

crowan said:
I'm in Bethesda and I have the Corsa. I'm often in the Rockville area.

Carl

·
Registered
88 Posts

Hey, I work in Gaithersburg & live in Ellicott City, I'd love to check out the sound on a corsa & magnaflow .. not to mention any other cool combo.

If you guys do burgers or something, definitely let me know I'd love to try to make it !!

Dave.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Where in GBurg?

·
Registered
753 Posts

GOTTSPD said:
Let me know if you've got plans to be in Rockville sometime in the coming weeks and maybe we could get together and grab lunch.
Anytime you are going to be on the "Pike" call me and I will meet you some where. If you are contemplating an exhaust, you need to do more than just hear it. I'll let you drive mine because the seat-of-the-pants feel of the V is so changed by the addition on an exhaust that you will think it is a totally different car.

I'll PM you with my number. I'll be around all holiday weekend if that works for you.

Carl

·
Registered
88 Posts

I'm next to NIST, Quince Orchard & 355, I'm generally running between Germantown, GBurg, McLean, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts

I live in Elkridge (no not crappy rt.1 elkridge, the nice part (there actually is a nice part)) and commute down to the Navy Yard.

I'd be up for a mini-lunch meet.

Give me a call if/when you guys decide. 443 992-2853.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
trukk said:
I live in Elkridge (no not crappy rt.1 elkridge, the nice part (there actually is a nice part)) and commute down to the Navy Yard.

I'd be up for a mini-lunch meet.

Give me a call if/when you guys decide. 443 992-2853.

-Chris
Nice, I didnt even get an invite..:(

Chris, when are you going back to Lindsay? I have some parts to deliver..

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm supposed to drop my car at Lindsay for the UUC install as soon as you have the bushings. Do you have 'em? If you want to run 'em down to me, I can bring them to James.

lasstss said:
Nice, I didnt even get an invite..:(

Chris, when are you going back to Lindsay? I have some parts to deliver..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts