Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is anyone in the Indiana area (cincy, louisville, chicago, etc) that would like to make a meet...... I think it would be golden... I got back from a NICO meet this evening, and it was really cool....... Ive never seen so many Infinit's in one place....

I dont recall if anyone is around here, but all this talk of a PA area meet makes me wanna do something........! :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the sympathy reply anyway......! :D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha.... thanks...... :D

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
Since this thread is going nowhere, I think I'll take this opportunity to hijack it :-D I'm thinking something nice and controversial.. ohh... Gun Control

What is your take on it. Here is mine in the form of a letter I wrote and sent to my 2 senators and my rep.

As you might very well know, on September 13, 2004, The assault Weapons Ban signed by President Clinton will be expiring. You should do you best to make sure no other bill replaces this.

This bill was pushed to the President by a bunch of media hype, mis-interpreted facts, and just outright ignorance about these types of firearms. Given the fact that this bill is based off the cosmetics of these firearms, it is ridiculous to say that these weapons are any more lethal than what the proponents of such a bill would consider a "normal" rifle. Falsification of the truths about these "assault" rifles are put out by groups such as the Brady Campaign, which is encompassed of people who have probably never even shot these types of firearms before. For example, they make statements proclaiming that pistol grips allow criminals (who obviously aren't going to care about this law anyway) to fire from the hip. The truth of the matter is that even without a pistol grip, you can still fire from the hip, and regardless of whether you have a pistol grip or not, it is going to be very inaccurate. They also state that it allows the rifle to be shot with one hand. That statement alone just goes to show that they have never shot such a firearm - firing a rifle like that will most likely lead to injury.

As an avid shooter who actually has experience with different types of firearms, I ask you to do the right thing, not what some Hollywood brainwashed group that obviously has no real life experience with these firearms, and stop any efforts to bring back another round of this irrational ban on certain types of firearms.

- Jason Gillman Jr.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sinister Angel said:
Since this thread is going nowhere, I think I'll take this opportunity to hijack it :-D I'm thinking something nice and controversial.. ohh... Gun Control

What is your take on it. Here is mine in the form of a letter I wrote and sent to my 2 senators and my rep.
Well I thought this would never come up on a Cadillac forum page. My take on gun control is that if you have no criminal record and no violence history you should have the right to own one. BUT EVERYONE should go through a gun safety course at LEAST once in there life. I am personally a target shooter and everyonce in awhile i hunt. I own a few guns and it is very relaxing to me to shot off a few at the local range. I keep one under my bed that is loaded with one blank. All of the other ones are looked in the safe. I hate going to the range when there are "inexperieced" shooters there. I have seen some wacked out shit go on there. People pointing live guns at others b/c of carelessness. I've heard of a guy shooting himself in the foot. But the most common thing is at the outdoor range when "rooks" line up and don't have safety googles on and start shooting away and get residue in there eyes and then the gun goes everywhere. Owning a gun is a PRIVILEDGE. That priviledge can be taken away from you. Well there is my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts