Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 2 JL W3's...what do you think would be the best amplifier to get for these subs? Theypush out 250 max a piece. If you have any ideas let me know....tryin to think:hmm:

G

·
0 Posts
I love JL audio amps very clean and efficient. If you have the money go with the slash series, 500/1. those things will pound, i have those same subs, and i ran them off a 300/4 jl audio amp, its a 4 channel 2 channels went to my front speakers and 2 channels went to the sub, i only gave it 150 watts and it hit hard, but with 500 go lord!!!!!!!!!!! if you have less cash go with the 800 watt e series jlaudio, they are less expesive but my buddy has one and damn they still sound good. Stay away from Kenwood, sony crap, and Fosgate of late 1999 and above has been real cheap. Here is my list of great amps.

JL audio
MMats--kiler but very expensive
JBL with Crown engineering
arc audio- superb but pricy
macintosh-an amp for god himself

Thats all i can think of for now,
remeber to look for low s/n ratios on the amp specs! the lower the noise (Ex. .05 and below are nice amps) the better (mcintosh is like .0003, crazy!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
jonnyd said:
So i have 2 JL W3's...what do you think would be the best amplifier to get for these subs? Theypush out 250 max a piece. If you have any ideas let me know....tryin to think:hmm:
are they 12's? if soo the best Amp for it would be a JlAudio 500/1 guaranteed

G

·
0 Posts
SD,
We both have the same style, I have tried other speakers but by far Boston Acoustics are my favs! I also love JL audio amps and subs. If I remember correctly your a So Cal caddy driver, if you are we should start up a meet, would love to see your car and the stereo install, as for myself I have a mustang with a full stereo, I thought about doing a install in the caddy but I felt that the stock radio was to much of an issue. I have just installed the IPOD interface and I have a kicker free air and JL audio e400 waiting to be installed to enhance my sub!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
gmc1500 said:
SD,
We both have the same style, I have tried other speakers but by far Boston Acoustics are my favs! I also love JL audio amps and subs. If I remember correctly your a So Cal caddy driver, if you are we should start up a meet, would love to see your car and the stereo install, as for myself I have a mustang with a full stereo, I thought about doing a install in the caddy but I felt that the stock radio was to much of an issue. I have just installed the IPOD interface and I have a kicker free air and JL audio e400 waiting to be installed to enhance my sub!
Yes I am in San Diego in the front doors I have a set of components Boston Acoustic Pro60's powered by a JlAudio 300/2 and for the rear speakers I have another set of pro60's powered by another 300/2 amp. in the rear I have the 12w3v2's in a JlAudio box powered by a 500/1 Jl amp with a 25 farad capacitor.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SdMarineGuy said:
are they 12's? if soo the best Amp for it would be a JlAudio 500/1 guaranteed

yea they are 12's. How much do you think the 500/1 goes for?? Maybe spend between 250 - 500 on an amp. Now another question actually. I bought these subs 3 years ago brand new. I have NEVER taken them out of the box. Will they still work or you think they are shot??

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
um they should be fine. unless they were overly dried out or allowed to rot or what not. put some vaseline on the rubber, let sit overnight, wipe off

(some audio psycho i know tol me abot this to remoisten the rubber, i dunno)

and just because i like you guys so much.
www.stealitback.com

good source for parts and amps and such, very cheap and not nuts like ebay.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok now that I have the amplifier down...I am going to need to change out my speakers...I am familiar with subs but not the amps/speakers....so im gonna have to ask you guys again for some more advice on the best possible speakers i could get... what is the estimated cost for some good speakers...Thanks guys!!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts