Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my eibach pro kit lowering spings and the directions say, "If your vehicle is equipped with the rear self-leveling damper (OE part number 25752922) you will need to replace it with a non-self leveling rear damper (OE part number 25770612). If the self-leveling rear dampers are not replaced, the rear of the vehicle will not lower. From what I have read, the 1st part number is what comes on the CTS-V stock, and the 2nd part number is what comes on the regular CTS. If that is correct, has anyone traded their shocks for the regualar CTS shocks? If so, did it change the ride? And how? This is my Mom's car, so she will not be tracking it. I just don't want it to handle poorly. Any help will be great. Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have them with my eibach kit. They work and that's about it. With three decent sized people in the back I can make my 275/30/19's rub in the rear because of the incorrect valving for a CTSV. You will also notice the handling difference when pushed into a corner. The front will be predictable and the rear will not be as stable. They are definitly a much softer shock and it depends what you want to use the car for. Looks or better handling?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
racers said:
I just received my eibach pro kit lowering spings and the directions say, "If your vehicle is equipped with the rear self-leveling damper (OE part number 25752922) you will need to replace it with a non-self leveling rear damper (OE part number 25770612). If the self-leveling rear dampers are not replaced, the rear of the vehicle will not lower. From what I have read, the 1st part number is what comes on the CTS-V stock, and the 2nd part number is what comes on the regular CTS. If that is correct, has anyone traded their shocks for the regualar CTS shocks? If so, did it change the ride? And how? This is my Mom's car, so she will not be tracking it. I just don't want it to handle poorly. Any help will be great. Thanks
If you are looking for a set of non-self leveling CTS rear shocks, I have a set that I am willing to trade. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Do a search on 'nivomat mod' and you'll find that contrary to Eibachs recommendations, you CAN run the stock nivomats and get the rear end down, with a VERY simple spacer mod.

I told Eibach tech support what I was doing, and they were baffled. They actually include a new bumpstop to put onto the replacement CTS shocks. It would be a heck of a lot easier to include a set of 1" polyurathane spacers for the nivomats.

The front will be a little low for your mom, IMHO. 1.6" is speedbump crunching low. My CTS kit only lowered my car 1.2", and I shimmed it up a quarter inch for around a net 1" drop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts